News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

FPÖ head H.C. Strache has defended Gudenus' quotes in Russia re: homolobby.

He stressed that the FPÖ is against adoptions by homosexual couples and against a complete emancipation of "registered partnerships" with marriages. Says he, "We are the lobby of families!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Patriarch Kirill will soon be able to rain fire upon non-believers:

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2014/09/17/factory-gives-su-35-fighter-jet-to-russian-orthodox-patriarch-kirill/

QuoteFactory gives SU-35 fighter jet to Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill

Patriarch Kirill, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, was presented with an unlikely gift for a religious leader this week as he toured a factory in Russia's far-east – a single-seater fighter jet SU-35.

Kirill was presented with the jet after giving workers at the civilian and military aircraft plant icons blessed by himself, the church said in a statement on its official website on Tuesday.

The patriarch, with whom President Vladimir Putin has fostered increasingly close ties in recent years, addressed the workers on the importance of protecting Russia.

"Russia cannot be a vassal. Because Russia is not only a country, it is a whole civilization, it is a thousand-year story, a cultural melting-pot, of enormous power," RIA news agency quoted him as saying.

"In order for us to be able to live a sovereign life, we must, if necessary, be able to defend our homeland."

Kirill's church is aligned with Putin's drive to reunite the former Soviet sphere of countries, with the Russian Orthodox Church exerting considerable influence through its 165 million members in Russia and other former USSR republics.

Critics of the Russian Orthodox Church have said it is acting as a de-facto government ministry for Putin, including in foreign affairs, and have warned that such political engagements could backfire.

That also goes for Ukraine, where Kirill's Moscow Patriarchate is at odds with the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kiev Patriarchate that seceded from Moscow after Ukraine gained independence in 1991.

The Moscow Patriarchate dominates in the Russian-speaking East, where Ukrainian forces have been battling a pro-Russian separatist insurgency since April.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

The US should give an F-35 to Pat Robertson.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2014, 03:16:00 AM

Is it gold-plated?  It needs to be gold-plated.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on September 18, 2014, 07:13:52 AM

You just know somewhere there is a Japanese anime show in the works, with world religious figures as schoolgirls armed with jet fighters in dogfight school.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2014, 09:26:46 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 18, 2014, 07:13:52 AM

You just know somewhere there is a Japanese anime show in the works, with world religious figures as schoolgirls being jet fighters in dogfight school.

FYPFY
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

A few of them could be wearing a skirt or slacks or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Oops, didn't notice that. Image redacted.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I didn't believe they could outdo the battleship schoolgirls, but they managed it with what looks like prepubescent girls in underwear, dressed up as planes.

Are you sure we should stay allied with that lot?

Malthus

:hmm:

Were the prepubescent girls in underwear dressed up as planes wearing religious gear, too?  :hmm:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2014, 12:53:07 PM

Were the prepubescent girls in underwear dressed up as planes wearing religious gear, too?  :hmm:

Not unless you're the kind to worship white panties.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on September 18, 2014, 01:09:55 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2014, 12:53:07 PM

Not unless you're the kind to worship white panties.

So there is still room for the animetards to put together a series featuring a Papal popsy firing a cross-headed missile at some MIG-flying jezebel in a kippah?

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on September 18, 2014, 12:35:59 PM
I didn't believe they could outdo the battleship schoolgirls, but they managed it with what looks like prepubescent girls in underwear, dressed up as planes.

There was a show about girls as fighter planes, but I couldn't find the name or images from it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on September 18, 2014, 09:22:37 AM

If it's not already, it will be in a month. :lol:
Experience bij!

Jacob

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 18, 2014, 01:22:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 18, 2014, 09:22:37 AM

If it's not already, it will be in a month. :lol:

If they do that and add some Orthodox iconography and imagery, Putin's Russia will be one step closer to being the Imperium of Man from Warhammer 40K.