And we're back!

Main Menu

Gore Vidal dead

Started by Sheilbh, July 31, 2012, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2012, 08:37:19 AM
The world is poorer for having one less person who loathed Truman Capote.  :(
We are a small, but potent interest group.  When one of us is chopped down, a dozen rise to take his place.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Scipio on August 01, 2012, 08:18:59 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2012, 08:37:19 AM
The world is poorer for having one less person who loathed Truman Capote.  :(
We are a small, but potent interest group.  When one of us is chopped down, a dozen rise to take his place.

I don't know who he is*, but I'll defend you right to hate him to the death.

* I do, but I'd prefer not to and so pretend to not know. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2012, 10:03:19 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 01, 2012, 04:20:22 AM
Oh my god. That's probably the saddest celebrity death news in my life. :(

Of course. Your Queen Bitch just died.
:lol:

Hansmeister

Well, that's one virulent anti-semite less in the world.  No wonder Martinass liked him.

Martinus

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 02, 2012, 09:24:03 AM
Well, that's one virulent anti-semite less in the world.  No wonder Martinass liked him.

I hope you will squeal like a pig with your high-pitched girly voice when your fat, disgusting ass is riddled by a mortar missile.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 02, 2012, 10:12:56 AM
I hope you will squeal like a pig with your high-pitched girly voice when your fat, disgusting ass is riddled by a mortar missile.

You're a fucking idiot, you know that?

Mortars don't use missiles. Duh!

CountDeMoney

Besides, the only thing Hansie has to worry about is catching Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from PowerPoint, anyway.  PPT FILE CORRUPT MAN DOWN

derspiess

I think the Polish cavalry used mortar missiles during their head-on charge against Panzer III's in 1939.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 10:32:33 AM
I think the Polish cavalry used mortar missiles during their head-on charge against Panzer III's in 1939.

Well technically any propelled item via a charge is a missile, but that sort of distinction only matters to the same pencilnecks that get pissed when people use "clip" instead of "magazine".

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 10:45:16 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 10:32:33 AM

Well technically any propelled item via a charge is a missile,

Not in modern military terms, it's not. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 02:35:01 PM

OK, Mr. Magazine.  :P

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 02:35:01 PM

OK, Mr. Magazine.  :P

The "clips" thing doesn't bother me that much.  But it does often help identify someone less familiar with firearms, so if I hear someone say that at the range, I move a few lanes away or to a different range entirely :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 02:40:09 PM
But it does often help identify someone less familiar with firearms, so if I hear someone say that at the range, I move a few lanes away or to a different range entirely :P

Caliga has paper clips for his.

Caliga

:rolleyes: I have corrected Princesca repeatedly on clips vs. magazines.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points