Started by Sheilbh, July 31, 2012, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I'm reading a thread about Lettow right now. :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on August 01, 2012, 05:41:27 AM
He was the closest of the modern era we had to Oscar Wilde.
Don't do Gore down.
Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

"A writer must always tell the truth, unless he is a journalist."

RIP Gore.

grumbler

The world is poorer for having one less person who loathed Truman Capote.  :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on August 01, 2012, 04:20:22 AM
Oh my god. That's probably the saddest celebrity death news in my life. :(

Of course. Your Queen Bitch just died.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Kinda sad that Buckley never punched him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

BuddhaRhubarb

RIP Gore Vidal. For my money, one of America's greatest loudmouths! (and authors)
:p

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Not only did I think he was already dead, if told that he was still alive, I would have guessed that he was considerably older than 86.  I would have thought mid-90s at least.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Jaron on August 01, 2012, 12:26:36 AM
I think that was Vidal Sassoon. :P

Yes, I knew it was a Vidal something.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 01, 2012, 12:38:31 AM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 01, 2012, 12:21:26 AM
No kidding. I could have swown there was already a death thread for this guy posted here a couple months ago.

You were here a couple months ago? Seems like at least a year since I've seen you post.  :P

I'm still lurking.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

11B4V

He was a gay guy wasnt he?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 01, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
Quote from: Jaron on August 01, 2012, 12:26:36 AM
I think that was Vidal Sassoon. :P

Yes, I knew it was a Vidal something.

I think I mixed him up with Victor Borge, not Vidal Sassoon.