Blackouts: more than half a billion without electricity in India

Started by Syt, July 31, 2012, 07:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 31, 2012, 02:26:20 PM
It was a football joke.

Doesn't answer my question. ^_^

@Valmy - I've learned that heat isn't the only criteria of importance when choosing a place to be.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2012, 02:30:12 PM
It was a football joke.

@Valmy - I've learned that heat isn't the only criteria of importance when choosing a place to be.

I ignore your little digs at Ohio.  :moon:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 31, 2012, 02:32:00 PM
It was a football joke.

I ignore your little digs at Ohio.  :moon:

Sorry, that's not enticing. :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

KRonn

Some get a flashlight so an electrician can find the On Switch for the country's power grid.

Neil

Almost certainly a Chinese cyber-attack.  It would be wise for India to respond with a series of nuclear attacks on China.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

My company got slammed hard. We rely on our Indian.......associates to program overnight so things are fixed when we wake up. It seems like they must have sent them home and had them work overnight, or they pulled a double shift. They're going to have sweet 2.00 paychecks next pay period.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

MadImmortalMan

I thought the Indians were used to their grid going offline for periods at a time.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

It would be if you spent a winter in Canada.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."