And we're back!

Main Menu

Planet of the Apes and Dolphins

Started by Viking, July 28, 2012, 06:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First we had the dolphins with opposable thumbs

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dolphins-evolve-opposable-thumbs,284/

QuoteIt is unknown what precipitated the dolphins' sudden development of opposable thumbs. Some dolphin behaviorists believe that the gentle marine mammal, pushed to the brink by humanity's reckless pollution and exploitation of the sea, tapped into some previously unmined mental powers to spontaneously generate a thumb-like appendage. However, given that 95 percent of the world's dolphin experts have committed suicide since learning of the development, the full story may never be known.

now we have Gorillas fighting back destroying snares

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/24/gorillas-seen-destroying-snares-in-rwanda_n_1698183.html

QuoteField staff of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund in Rwanda report that on Monday they saw several young gorillas destroying snares – which maim and often kill gorillas – with their bare hands.

I for one welcome our new Cephalo-Simian overlords.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Good.  The Apes can rise up, and Dan Marino can lead them.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Zoupa

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2012, 05:08:27 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on July 28, 2012, 04:46:56 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/26/humanrights.animalwelfare

I never would have thought Spain would be the first one to side with the non-humans.

Well, they have had to live with the Portuguese, so Apes wouldn't be much different.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 28, 2012, 09:18:05 PM
What a bunch of traitors.

That reminds me, if Israel does a call up of reserves and and you still work for the US army, who gets priority?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2012, 09:29:01 PM

That reminds me, if Israel does a call up of reserves and and you still work for the US army, who gets priority?

He'd serve the country he's truly loyal to--China.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2012, 09:29:01 PM

This is why countries with compulsory military service often don't allow dual citizenships. I have a friend who can't go to turkey because his father had been a turkish citizen at one time, though he never was, and the Turkish Army considers him a draft dodger (he has already done norwegian military service, he likes cross country skiiing and outdoors kind of stuff so he liked it).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.