Mittenspalooza World Tour 2012: The MegaMormonThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 25, 2012, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

What has Grumbler just sorta merged with Berkut or something?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 05, 2012, 03:13:22 AM
Yeah, you don't drag Dear Old Dead Dad into the picture. That's was a yellow card right there,

What now?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2012, 10:43:00 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 31, 2012, 10:05:50 PM
Quote"Kiss my ass. This is a holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect." Then he told a Politico reporter to "Shove it."
:lmfao:

Other than implying, by a bad choice of words, that his ass is a holy site for the Polish people, I think this is seriously overblown. Sort of gotcha journalism at its worst.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2012, 02:52:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 05, 2012, 03:13:22 AM
Yeah, you don't drag Dear Old Dead Dad into the picture. That's was a yellow card right there,

What now?

Harry goofed, Mittens called him on it, but then he dropped the ball.  The calls for his disclosures aren't going anywhere.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2012, 03:05:28 PM
Quote"Kiss my ass. This is a holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect." Then he told a Politico reporter to "Shove it."

Other than implying, by a bad choice of words, that his ass is a holy site for the Polish people, I think this is seriously overblown. Sort of gotcha journalism at its worst.
What's the difference between gotcha jounali and journalism?

Also I think what makes that so beautiful is the sentence starts 'kiss my ass' and ends 'show some respect' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 05, 2012, 03:25:07 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2012, 03:05:28 PM

What's the difference between gotcha jounali and journalism?

Also I think what makes that so beautiful is the sentence starts 'kiss my ass' and ends 'show some respect' :lol:

Yeah, definately some dissonace between the 2 parts of what he said to the press.

"Gotcha journalism" basically consists of waiting for a public figure to mis-speak, or use inappropriate language, and then pretending that the mis-statement is actually newsworthy.  I'm not entirely sure this is a good example.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on August 05, 2012, 05:45:59 PM
Yeah, definately some dissonace between the 2 parts of what he said to the press.

Rick Gorka, like so many other people on Romney's campaign, has consistently been in over his head from the moment Mittens announced his candidacy.

I mean, I get how difficult it must be to be a press secretary and chief message-carrier for a campaign that has no message, but he's been a total lightweight.  I doubt his forced sabbatical for a while will change things.

Pfft.  UNLV grads. :rolleyes:

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 05, 2012, 05:56:04 PM
Quote from: dps on August 05, 2012, 05:45:59 PM

Rick Gorka, like so many other people on Romney's campaign, has consistently been in over his head from the moment Mittens announced his candidacy.

I mean, I get how difficult it must be to be a press secretary and chief message-carrier for a campaign that has no message, but he's been a total lightweight.  I doubt his forced sabbatical for a while will change things.

Pfft.  UNLV grads. :rolleyes:

Given how so many modern journalists are nothing more than parasites, I have a good bit of sympathy for anyone whose job requires them to work with them a lot.

Admiral Yi

Also keep in mind that for a press secretary on the GOP side every game is an away game.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on August 05, 2012, 06:02:53 PM
Given how so many modern journalists are nothing more than parasites, I have a good bit of sympathy for anyone whose job requires them to work with them a lot.

Doesn't matter;  your job in working with assholes in the public eye isn't to be one.  You know better than that.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 05, 2012, 06:05:04 PM
Quote from: dps on August 05, 2012, 06:02:53 PM

Doesn't matter;  your job in working with assholes in the public eye isn't to be one.  You know better than that.

Sure, not saying otherwise. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2012, 06:04:02 PM
Also keep in mind that for a press secretary on the GOP side every game is an away game.

Yeah, that's why GOP guys fuck up.  A conspiracy. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2012, 06:41:01 PM
Yeah, that's why GOP guys fuck up.  A conspiracy. :rolleyes:

We've been over the conspiracy talking point about 6 times already.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on August 05, 2012, 06:51:10 PM
No conspiracy-- just simple bias.

Like the crowd at an away game, which is the analogy Yi made.  There is no "conspiracy" to assemble a crowd hostile to the away team - that's just the way it is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!