News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mindy Meyer: Senator And She Knows It?

Started by garbon, July 23, 2012, 09:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2012/07/mindy-meyer-senator-and-she-knows-it

QuoteMindy Meyer, a 22-year-old Brooklynite running on the Republican and conservative lines against incumbent Democratic Sen. Kevin Parker, has a campaign website that is more Legally Blonde than Hillary Clinton.

Her slogan -- "I'm Senator And I Know It" -- is a play on the LMFAO hit.

"It's to appeal to the younger voter and show them that politics isn't all boring," Meyer told the Daily News.

She said she looked at host of campaign websites, including Parker's, and "fell asleep."

The pink inspiration for hers, she said, came from Elle Woods, the lead character from "Legally Blonde" played by Reese Witherspoon. It was watching that movie when she was 12 that inspired her to go to law school. She currently attends Touro Law Center.

"You can make pink sophisticated," Meyer said. "She took pink to a top legal institution like Harvard, so why can't I bring it to the Senate?"

Meyer said she knew she wanted to enter politics after meeting former Mayor Rudy Giuliani as a child.

If there is one problem with her website, it's the photos of her -- one in a black blazer and one in a pink one -- superimposed over the U.S. Capitol -- not the State Capitol, where she'd actually work if she beat Parker.

She called Parker "the senator who cries wolf."

"It's time to get him out of that office," she said. "He keeps getting reelected and doing nothing."

Parker said he finds it funny that Meyer invoked a fable in discussing him.

"It is appropriate to have a quote related to a nursery rhyme from a young lady so inexperienced," he jabbed.

As for her pink website, he laughed and said, "It's an interesting color. Let's see how it works out for her."

Meyer said her key issues will be combatting violence against women as well as job creation for the young.

http://mindymeyer4senate.com/index.html

:punk:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

ugh... NY allows 22 year olds to run for State Senate? :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2012, 06:48:24 AM
ugh... NY allows 22 year olds to run for State Senate? :bleeding:

Considering the quality of state government, does it really matter?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney