G20 police may have used undercover men to incite crowds.

Started by Cerr, May 10, 2009, 08:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

It would be funny if these policemen were not agents provocateurs but in fact just really angry with the system, all the while claiming a salary from it.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

saskganesh

I'd be shocked if they didn't use agent provocateurs to hijack/insite a protest. it's a fairly common tactic, but it's only news if they are caught.
humans were created in their own image

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2009, 08:42:21 AM
Why would they want to start a riot though?
Identify the most volatile and aggressive protestors and remove them before they start a riot?  Like a miniature tension strategy.
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 11, 2009, 08:43:23 AM
Identify the most volatile and aggressive protestors and remove them before they start a riot?  Like a miniature tension strategy.

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

I don't think riots are much like forest fires, where you can start (and quickly put out) a controlled burn.

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2009, 08:50:43 AM

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

I don't think riots are much like forest fires, where you can start (and quickly put out) a controlled burn.

It's not like this is cutting edge stuff Berkut.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

In order to jail enemies of the state.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Cecil

So a fringe MP of the smallest british party allegedely heard someone talking about how they perhaps saw someone throw bottles who might or might not be cops who maybe were undercover.....SOMEONE CALL THE AUTHORITIES!!! :lol:

Valmy

I have a hard time seeing them try to stir up trouble while being responsible for security at a G20 summit.  That sounds just too stupid to be true, even for the police.

But then the US military did use Siegebreaker to help protect Barack Hussein Obama so anything is possible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2009, 10:42:34 AM
I have a hard time seeing them try to stir up trouble while being responsible for security at a G20 summit.  That sounds just too stupid to be true, even for the police.

But then the US military did use Siegebreaker to help protect Barack Hussein Obama so anything is possible.

It's done here.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9905E5D91430F931A15751C1A9639C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10920817

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2009, 10:50:25 AM

It's done here.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9905E5D91430F931A15751C1A9639C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10920817

0-2 on examples of the police intentionally citing riots.

Got any actual examples?

The news that the police have undercover officers in crowds is not exactly cutting edge, you know.

0 rows returned

Neil

:lol:

Do you think there's any chance of avoiding riots at any of those things that the professional protesters show up for?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on May 11, 2009, 12:44:57 PM

Do you think there's any chance of avoiding riots at any of those things that the professional protesters show up for?

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure not every economic summit has a riot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on May 11, 2009, 12:44:57 PM

Of course not - the riot is the entire point of the exercise for some of these dumbshits.

I like this twist though - show up, start a riot, then blame it on the cops, who of course are the Hated Authority anyway. I can see why this sort of things is irresistible to the Raz's and Shelf's of the world!

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2009, 12:39:46 PM
0-2 on examples of the police intentionally citing riots.

Got any actual examples?

The news that the police have undercover officers in crowds is not exactly cutting edge, you know.

Please clarify your argument here.