News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Sun Tracks Down Nazi War Criminal

Started by jimmy olsen, July 17, 2012, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Sorry, if it plays better for you:

As if rule of law is undermined if after 70 years a state declines to prosecute.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 10:54:42 AM

As if rule of law is undermined if after 70 years a state declines to prosecute.
What if not prosecuting this old man causes the Hungarians to start up the Holocaust again?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

He is a convict escaping justice - he has been convicted to death penalty but fled. So not sure what are you blabbing about.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on July 18, 2012, 11:02:54 AM

He is a convict escaping justice - he has been convicted to death penalty but fled. So not sure what are you blabbing about.
Not convicted by a legitimate court.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2012, 11:01:41 AM

What if not prosecuting this old man causes the Hungarians to start up the Holocaust again?

Is that likely.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 11:14:02 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2012, 11:01:41 AM

Is that likely.
It would seem some people think so.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

I'm surprised nobody's pointed out the elephant named Polanski.

Flee justice and keep your head down?  Be hounded for the rest of your days.  Flee justice and make movies?  Thousands jump to make sure you don't have to do time.

Short answer: since Euros thought Polanski should be let off the hook for kiddie rape, clearly this dude should be let off the hook for Jew-killing.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 18, 2012, 03:32:23 PM

Flee justice and keep your head down?  Be hounded for the rest of your days.  Flee justice and make movies?  Thousands jump to make sure you don't have to do time.

I'm not sure why anyone would mention Polanksi here.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 03:33:27 PM

Because this case single-handedly blows a hole in the reason nobody in Europe wanted Polanski extradited.  You don't get to cherrypick who actually serves their sentences.  Just saying, obvious double-standard is obvious.
Experience bij!

Martinus

Short answer: since Euros thought Polanski should be let off the hook for kiddie rape, clearly this dude should be let off the hook for Jew-killing.

Newsflash, Einstein: having sex with a 13 y.o. who looks to be 16 y.o.: NOT THE SAME AS SENDING 16,000 PEOPLE TO DEATH.

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 18, 2012, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 03:33:27 PM

Because this case single-handedly blows a hole in the reason nobody in Europe wanted Polanski extradited.  You don't get to cherrypick who actually serves their sentences.  Just saying, obvious double-standard is obvious.

What Marti just posted. I don't really see how these are comparable other than both are criminals of some stripe.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 18, 2012, 03:40:20 PM

Newsflash, Einstein: having sex with a 13 y.o. who looks to be 16 y.o.: NOT THE SAME AS SENDING 16,000 PEOPLE TO DEATH.

Well let's not leave out the drugging part but still I approve the overall message.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on July 18, 2012, 03:40:20 PM

Both are crimes, and you are worthless.

Maximus

There's no way Polanski didn't know the age of his victim.

That said it is a flagrant use of tu quoque to use one injustice to defend another.