News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A comeback for Anthony Weiner?

Started by garbon, July 16, 2012, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/comeback-anthony-weiner-142709357.html

QuoteOne year after resigning from Congress following news he had emailed lewd photos of himself to women, married former Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner desires a return to politics, according to New York news outlets.

"The disgraced former congressman—who's sitting on a $4.5 million campaign war chest—is mulling a bid for citywide office next year and 'seriously considering' a mayoral run," sources told the New York Post. The newspaper reported that Weiner has spoken with former staffers about returning to work for him.

"He wants to return to politics, according to friends and former staff members," The New York Times reported, adding that if Weiner doesn't spend his campaign cash next year, he will lose an opportunity to get matching funds.

Weiner's camp has not commented on the news reports.

Weiner ran for New York City mayor in 2005, but lost in the Democratic primary. He'd prepared to run again in 2009, but Mayor Mike Bloomberg successfully pushed to change the city term limits law to allow himself to run for a third term, prompting Weiner to steer clear of the race.

Weiner has maintained a low profile since his resignation, winding up occasionally in tabloid news reports for venturing out in the city with his wife, Huma Abedin, a senior aide for Hillary Rodham Clinton. The Post reported Monday that Abedin is encouraging her husband to grant a tell-all interview in the hopes of putting the scandal to rest.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

He should focus on being a stay-at-home father.

Razgovory

Why can't he just do the honorable thing and become a Lobbyist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

a norwegian newspaper had to make the "re-erection" joke
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on July 16, 2012, 04:39:57 PM
a norwegian newspaper had to make the "re-erection" joke

Asian community outraged.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!