News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Funny as balls: Christians vs. superstitions

Started by Martinus, July 13, 2012, 02:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, so it's Friday the 13th today and people talk about it. And every time you get one or two Christians who say they can't believe people believe in superstitions (hint: most people don't, it's just something to talk about) and refer to their Christianity in some way (e.g. "Christianity came to Poland 1000 years ago but people still believe in stuff like that").

What the hell? I mean, I would understand if you were an uber-rationalist/materialist and making fun of black cats, broken mirrors and Fridays the thirteenth, but with your idiot belief in water-walking zombie Jews on sticks you really have no room to criticise others (at least people who "believe" in Friday the 13th usually don't organize their lives around it).

Funny as balls.

Eddie Teach

I laugh at uber-rationalist/materialists for their silly belief that they can understand everything that happens in the universe.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

You know, I could have written up a whole thing, here but what's the point?  It just goes in one ear and out some other hole.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

well yeah you see. The Bible is different.

It is true. I know this, because the people who want me to let them tell me how to live because the Bible allows them so, told me that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2012, 02:53:27 AM
in water-walking zombie Jews on sticks

That's the second time you've used that.  Find another one that's less boring, kiddie cockslurper.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 07:18:10 AM

That's the second time you've used that.  Find another one that's less boring, kiddie cockslurper.

its funny that he is not using the manfeet-washer one

But he IS right you know. Polacks are crazy catholics. They are like the Catholic version of the various American sects. So they can STFU about superstitions.

Grey Fox

Because superstitions are unchristian shit.

Their Zombie god > Pagan god
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on July 13, 2012, 07:25:09 AM
But he IS right you know. Polacks are crazy catholics. They are like the Catholic version of the various American sects. So they can STFU about superstitions.

Nobody gives a rat fuck what sort of intolerance he suffers over there in Old Europe.  That's not Languish's problem.
He doesn't like Poland, he can suck strangers' toes in public restrooms elsewhere.  We don't need to hear his bitching here.

mongers

I was born on a Friday the 13th, so it's like a mini-birthday for me.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 07:18:10 AM

its funny that he is not using the manfeet-washer one

He only really care about how his sexual predilections are received.  Considering how people like him are treated in other parts of Eastern Europe where it's not strongly Catholic (or even religious), I'd say religion is not the root cause.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 07:29:08 AM

Nobody gives a rat fuck what sort of intolerance he suffers over there in Old Europe.  That's not Languish's problem.
He doesn't like Poland, he can suck strangers' toes in public restrooms elsewhere.  We don't need to hear his bitching here.

+1
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Christians vs. superstitions may be funny, but Martinus vs. strawmen is an old chestnut.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson