News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Burn them!

Started by viper37, July 12, 2012, 06:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

'Burn them!' Senator's outrage over U.S. Olympic uniforms that were MADE IN CHINA

What I don't get, is why not ask it in the first place?  In most US govt contracts, there's a requirement that 80% of the products be made in the US.  But not with uniforms?  Silly.
But there's overraction if you need any.  I guess cultural sensibilities are alive & well in the US...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

More FOX dumbassedness.

QuoteFox & Friends Gets To The Bottom Of The U.S. Olympic Team's Unpatriotic Berets

Are American fashion designer Ralph Lauren's designs for the U.S. Olympic team unpatriotic? Such is the question with which the hosts of Fox & Friends wrestled early Wednesday morning.

"Huh? Is this the new American trend now?...And you have to pronounce it that way, too," noted Gretchen Carlson. "That's the French way."

Or you can always refer to them as "Freedom Caps."

"Big question is, though, should the American team be wearing a beret?" asked Steve Doocy. "Why not a baseball cap? Why not a cowboy hat like we had when we went to Calgary. Or why not do something very American and go topless?" Why not snap-backs featuring an eagle feverishly devouring Jerry Lewis?

Later on in the hour, Doocy noted that people had written in reminding the hosts that another U.S. "team" routinely wears berets: Green Berets, in fact.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-gets-to-the-bottom-of-the-u-s-olympic-teams-unpatriotic-berets/

HVC

You sould your soul to china long ago, why not get some uniforms out of it :contract: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on July 12, 2012, 06:57:29 PM
You sould your soul to china long ago, why not get some uniforms out of it :contract: :P

You sold your soul to China as well, and the last I heard, you hadn't even gotten any uniforms out of it! :contract: :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on July 12, 2012, 07:08:33 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 12, 2012, 06:57:29 PM

You sold your soul to China as well, and the last I heard, you hadn't even gotten any uniforms out of it! :contract: :P
we sold our oil and all we got was miniture maple leaf flags :(

Seriously, there was a big deal like a year ago because of some chinese made flags. for a royal visit maybe? not sure why the goverment bought them, but people freaked.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

The Olympic team messed up in another way. They probably had a chance to get those nifty Mao uniforms for a cheap price, but didn't do so.    ;)