News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Warhammer Fantasy (minis)

Started by Galrion, March 12, 2009, 08:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galrion

Picked up a cannon/mortar for a couple bucks on ebay, great deal.  It cracks me up to see people paying as much for minis as they would at a store and then paying for shipping. 

Benedict Arnold

True story.  GW needs to accept reality and drop their prices.  Extortion is an understatement when it comes to what they charge people.  Thank Hod for Ebay in the meantime.

Delirium

As long as people pay their prices.

I made a solemn vow over a year ago that I wouldn't buy any more 40k stuff.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Galrion

Wow, those are some insanely low prices.  How do they manage that?  Even the "list price" is lower than the list price here.

The Brain

I cannot say if GW pricing is OK or can be significantly improved. I lack both information and training.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Also, I want to see pics of painted minis. Catfish?

Scipio

Quote from: Galrion on March 14, 2009, 12:02:28 AM
Wow, those are some insanely low prices.  How do they manage that?  Even the "list price" is lower than the list price here.

Yeah, they're great.  Overseas shipping to the US is cheap, too.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Galrion

Quote from: Scipio on March 14, 2009, 06:39:48 AM
Quote from: Galrion on March 14, 2009, 12:02:28 AM

Yeah, they're great.  Overseas shipping to the US is cheap, too.

Is it?  They just had it labeled as "Rest of the world"

The Brain

I am starting to toy with the idea of a new army for Fantasy or 40k. I always liked the idea of Skaven but painting a(nother) horde army seemed meh and their models need updating (especially the rank and file). But doing it as a hardcore speed painter project (something that should work well with filthy brown things) may be interesting enough to see me through hundreds of models. And I understand that a Skaven armybook is likely this year, hopefully with updated Clanrats. I just hope that the armybook won't be ridiculously overpowered like some recent armybooks...

Another possibility is a small elite army (which I have never done), like Space Marines or Warriors of Chaos (too bad the latest armybook made WoC boring as fuck).

To refresh people's memories: I already have an Imperial Guard army and a Tomb Kings army.

Galrion

I'd suggest VC as a pretty easy army to paint up, but since you've already got TK, you probably don't want to walk down that road again. 

Dwarves are also pretty easy to paint quickly and they're a pretty small army as well.  Lizards might be a decent army for quick painting and they've got a new book. 

Personally I wish they'd put out a new DoW book.

Iormlund

Skaven are my favourite race, fluff-wise.

The Brain

As you guess G VC are not high on my list since I've done TK.

I kind of like Dwarfs but they are not really a speedpainter army I think, and more importantly there is little visual variation between their troop types.

I might do some painting tests with some Skaven models that I have lying around. Either it will be enough to scratch my rat itch or it will get me horny enough to start an army.

Skaven fluff is awesome. :wub:

Galrion

Quote from: The Brain on April 02, 2009, 11:42:18 AM

I kind of like Dwarfs but they are not really a speedpainter army I think, and more importantly there is little visual variation between their troop types.

I might do some painting tests with some Skaven models that I have lying around. Either it will be enough to scratch my rat itch or it will get me horny enough to start an army.

Skaven fluff is awesome. :wub:

I just can't get into Skaven, which is why it is fortunate I'm not the one looking at them.  I've seen some rumors thrown around about the army list, but its still way too early to pick specific units. 

Oh, and OK is an army that can be either very small (all ogres) or large (lots of gnoblars).

Eochaid

Quote from: The Brain on April 02, 2009, 11:42:18 AM

Lizardmen. You can speedpaint most core units (skinks/saurus) and spend more time on special troops.

Kevin
It's been a while