News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

And why should I be zerged Solmyr? I am at my zenith. Yeah, I might be temporary holding two more keys against the Turk than I am supposed to, but everyone knows that won't be like that forever.

And I achieved that by sacrificing my New World spending. I have a meager exploration under way, I have no chance of extra cards from anything next turn.

On the other hand, France is well and healthy and ready to take over my place in America, for example. So are you.

Pointing me out as the danger would be a big ruse. My momentum is gone. Yours' and France's? It's just gaining traction AND already right next to me in VPs.

Solmyr

How am I right next to you in VPs? And my momentum would be more real if my army didn't all die fighting for you.

Btw, this must be revenge for like, every wrong done to Hungarians ever. :P

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on July 23, 2012, 03:43:07 AM
How am I right next to you in VPs? And my momentum would be more real if my army didn't all die fighting for you.

Btw, this must be revenge for like, every wrong done to Hungarians ever. :P

:lol: actually it has been happening around the 556th anniversary of the glorious Hungarian defense of Belgrade, where we seriously pwnd the Ottomans.

Coincidence? I think not.

Viking

My army went from being a 11R1C army  besieging 3R in Buda to having a 6R1C army besieging 2R. In 19 rolls I hit once, while tamas was hitting 2 out of 3 rolls. With dice rolling like this competence is irrelevant.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on July 23, 2012, 03:52:47 AM
My army went from being a 11R1C army  besieging 3R in Buda to having a 6R1C army besieging 2R. In 19 rolls I hit once, while tamas was hitting 2 out of 3 rolls. With dice rolling like this competence is irrelevant.

My version is that "fortune favors the bold" and my luck has been just helping to underline what an awesome player I am. And I am sticking to this.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on July 23, 2012, 03:52:20 AM
:lol: actually it has been happening around the 556th anniversary of the glorious Hungarian defense of Belgrade, where we seriously pwnd the Ottomans.

Coincidence? I think not.

Zombie Janos Hunyadi is pleased.

Viking

QuoteThere is a counting error on my part but

1:18
2:16
3:14
4:9
5:19
6:22

average should be 16,6.

I got an RMS of 1,7

Quoteyep 43 hits when there should have been 33.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I thought I'd have to do some math to show how fucked this is with 100 rolls, but getting 9 fours and 22 sixes sort of shows my point.

but seriously, ACTS doesn't know which dice are mine and what result I want from them, does it?

fuck.. the rabid atheist of Languish is now ascribing agency to random number generators... have I really sunk so low?

sbr

I took Katherina Bora from the discard pile and will hold it.  I will be passing out the turn now.

No file.

ALSO:  IS there a reason there is still a Hapsburg merc in Besancon?

Maximus

That was an error. I sent a file with Hapsburg and Ottoman fixes, French move and English winter. Pope has no winter so we just need Protestant winter and end of turn.

Maximus

If I understand it correctly, Clement VII becomes the new pope. Neither that nor the protestant winter should affect the new world resolution so I'll go ahead and do that now.

sbr

Phillip's stack will move back to wittenberg

Maximus

Rut finds the great lakes, Cartier finds the Mississippi, Magellan can go for the pacific strait and circumnavigation or take the st. lawrence.

France gets a card from her colony.

File sent includes Protestant winter and new world except for Magellan's voyage.

Viking

The Law of Averages demands that my card hand be four 5 CP cards.

Tamas

Message from Hapsburgs:
Magellan tries to circumnavigate!

NO

NO

NOOOOO!