News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

DirectTV and Viacom about to melt down

Started by CountDeMoney, July 10, 2012, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on July 12, 2012, 11:04:13 PM
My 7 yo was all upset the Spoungebob was going off air when Nick was dropped. She started watch looney tunes on the Cartoon Network. She loves the shit out of those old cartoons I grew up with. Laughing her ass off. Bugs, Elmer, Daffy, Porky, RR and Wiley..etc.

NOW THOSE ARE CARTOONS I SAID TO HER.

They're quite good, of course, but Nickelodeon had some rather excellent programming when I was a kid.  I understand this is no longer the case?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Didn't DirecTV just drop AMC? Good thing I don't use them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Eddie Teach

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 12, 2012, 11:19:41 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 12, 2012, 11:04:13 PM
My 7 yo was all upset the Spoungebob was going off air when Nick was dropped. She started watch looney tunes on the Cartoon Network. She loves the shit out of those old cartoons I grew up with. Laughing her ass off. Bugs, Elmer, Daffy, Porky, RR and Wiley..etc.

NOW THOSE ARE CARTOONS I SAID TO HER.

They're quite good, of course, but Nickelodeon had some rather excellent programming when I was a kid.  I understand this is no longer the case?
Nah, they still have some great stuff.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 13, 2012, 02:14:49 AM
Oh yeah, it was Dish. My bad.

Yeah, Dish.  Same kind of situation, I guess.  AMC has better shows than all the Viacom channels combined though imo.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 13, 2012, 02:30:35 AM
AMC has better shows than all the Viacom channels combined though imo.

AMC has better shows than NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox too. Just not enough of them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 13, 2012, 02:38:09 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 13, 2012, 02:30:35 AM
AMC has better shows than all the Viacom channels combined though imo.

AMC has better shows than NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox too. Just not enough of them.

I dunno, looking at the sneak peeks, they may have finally hit a loser with Small Town Security.

Eddie Teach

They've hit losers with The Prisoner and that advertising reality show (:bleeding:) and I'd probably pronounce similar judgement on Comic Book Men if I'd seen it. But the average is significantly higher. They make as many watchable shows with 1-2 hours of programming a week as the networks do with 3 hours a night. USA and F/X are also pretty decent these days.