News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz to build a new PC

Started by Razgovory, July 09, 2012, 04:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2012, 10:52:04 AM
Sometimes there's nothing to say. Sometimes, all you can do is hug another man. :hug:

Ghey. :x

That or, Amen, sister!

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Sigh.  Looks like I won't be able to buy a whole PC at one go.  Both my brother and my Mom have moved back in and the family is low on cash.  My new plan is to buy it incrementally.  First buy a case, a power source and a motherboard.  If I do it this way, I can probably get a better PC.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

I love my CoolerMaster cases.  Excellent, wide-open for cooling.  They do tend to be noisier than the Antec 300 by a good bit, however.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Looks like the computer purchase is back on.  There's something wrong with this PC.  Not sure what's wrong with it.  I was getting blue screen crashes due to it running out of RAM.  I did reinstall of windows but it won't let me do the updates.  Had a difficult time installing the Nvidia driver as well.  I think the mobo is having trouble.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

This PC is having some problems and I'm going to take it in. I have less money then I did before, but I was thinking of buying a cheaper PC as a stop gape in case this one has very serious problems.

I was looking at this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285

Or perhaps this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227408

Much cheaper, and will probably be outdated in a year or two, but It may do okay as a stop gap.  What do you folks think?

Darth Wagtaros

You have a Sams or Costco membership?
PDH!

katmai

Raz, when i was looking to buy back at Christmas time i didn't hear many if any good reviews for the cyberpower builds, mostly in customer service, i ended up buying an ibuypower and been happy with it, no problems with anything. (only thing to go bad was my old HD that i had taken out from previous build)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Razgovory

Okay, I've decided to buy one the pre-mades on Newegg.

Either http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227408

Or for a little more an Intel

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227410

I've always used Intel, so I'm a little wary of something else.  Probably should go for the first one.

Darth Wagtaros

Get the AMD and use the savings to buy an extended warranty, unless you are comfortable enough with PC repair to install and replace parts as needed.
PDH!

Razgovory

The new Machine has arrived.  This one is going offline in a moment.

Razgovory

I picked up the 800 dollar one which came with a two year warranty.  Had for about two weeks now.  Runs really well and quite.  I've paid more for PCs that were much worse then this.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 01:34:15 AM
I picked up the 800 dollar one which came with a two year warranty.  Had for about two weeks now.  Runs really well and quite.  I've paid more for PCs that were much worse then this.

:thumbsup:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 01:34:15 AM

Nice.  Glad you like it.  :)