News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WTF should I buy?

Started by Eddie Teach, July 06, 2012, 08:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Drakken on July 07, 2012, 12:02:53 PM
I'm vaguely interested in Scourge of War, maybe it's the early July making me want to play some Gettysburg.

I got it on the shelf. Havent played it yet.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2012, 12:25:55 PM
Quote from: Drakken on July 07, 2012, 12:02:53 PM
I'm vaguely interested in Scourge of War, maybe it's the early July making me want to play some Gettysburg.

I got it on the shelf. Havent played it yet.

The developers seem to have had a big public fight.  Head guy was a dick and humiliated himself.  I sorta steered away from that after that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2012, 11:51:14 AM
I'm going to start messing with the old Fallouts.

What type of strategy games do you like?

Civilization/Heroes of Might & Magic/Age of Wonders. I liked EU 2, but feel like the Paradox games since have been trying to do too much(and with too small a development team).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2012, 02:01:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2012, 01:52:32 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 07, 2012, 01:42:32 AM
Has CK 2 reduced the clunkiness of the interface from CK 1? I tried the first one and it seemed there was an awful lot of scrolling through shit. The bit about marriages was especially tedious.

I know I should probably just ignore it but I couldn't. I fucking hate idiot posts like that. The game has been out for 6 months or so. There is a ton of information about it, including a lot on this very forum. There is a fucking demo. And the question is extremely subjective, as you are not asking about any specific feature but your subjective opinion of another game which may or may not be true.

Fucking cretin.

I should probably just ignore it as well, but I couldn't.  Have a nice weekend.  Cretin.

:cheers:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 07, 2012, 02:14:09 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2012, 11:51:14 AM
I'm going to start messing with the old Fallouts.

What type of strategy games do you like?

Civilization/Heroes of Might & Magic/Age of Wonders. I liked EU 2, but feel like the Paradox games since have been trying to do too much(and with too small a development team).

Might & Magic Heroes VI, CIV V......????? For ideas  http://www.amazon.com/Strategy-PC-Games/b?ie=UTF8&node=229609
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

Master of Magic. Then get Civ IV to play Fall from Heaven.

PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2012, 05:57:05 PM
For ideas  http://www.amazon.com/Strategy-PC-Games/b?ie=UTF8&node=229609

QuoteShowing 1 - 12 of 2,233 Results

:lol:

That's the reason I chose to ask for recommendations rather than do independent research as Martinus suggests. Which games have you enjoyed recently in the genre?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

szmik

Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 (if you played 2nd), Witcher 2, Fallout 3 New Vegas
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 07, 2012, 07:41:29 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 07, 2012, 05:57:05 PM
For ideas  http://www.amazon.com/Strategy-PC-Games/b?ie=UTF8&node=229609

QuoteShowing 1 - 12 of 2,233 Results

:lol:

That's the reason I chose to ask for recommendations rather than do independent research as Martinus suggests. Which games have you enjoyed recently in the genre?

Sorry, trying to help. :P

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Scipio

Witcher 2 is something.  I can't decide.

The Walking Dead is a great adventure game.  Magicka is hella good fun, especially at the price.  The newest Deus Ex is superb, and much closer to the original than its sequel. 
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Queequeg

Witcher 2 is the most useless piece of shit game I've ever played in my life.  The Dragon bridge thingy is bugging out, and it's 2 hours in to the game.  It's fucking insane.  I can't believe how shitty this is.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

grumbler

Quote from: Queequeg on July 09, 2012, 09:57:21 PM
Witcher 2 is the most useless piece of shit game I've ever played in my life.  The Dragon bridge thingy is bugging out, and it's 2 hours in to the game.  It's fucking insane.  I can't believe how shitty this is.

I didn't get that far before reaching that conclusion, but, yeah, it was a huge disappointment after the first game.  NEVER AGAIN!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Queequeg

I can't tell how much is purposeful camp and how much is it being made by Poles. The ponh tail? The occasional geeky American pseudo-comedic, fourth-wall breaking narration?