News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WTF should I buy?

Started by Eddie Teach, July 06, 2012, 08:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I recently upgraded my system and now I'm looking for new games. I've bought very few in the past 5 years. I like strategy games and RPGs are ok. Any suggestions?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

There is a new Elder Scrolls game out.  That seems like it's a good one to try.  Legend of Grimrock came out this year.  Haven't gotten it yet, but looks good.  Old School gaming.  Only 15 bucks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Ck II 10 bucks at amazon. Kill Muslims for fun and profit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Has CK 2 reduced the clunkiness of the interface from CK 1? I tried the first one and it seemed there was an awful lot of scrolling through shit. The bit about marriages was especially tedious.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 07, 2012, 01:42:32 AM
Has CK 2 reduced the clunkiness of the interface from CK 1? I tried the first one and it seemed there was an awful lot of scrolling through shit. The bit about marriages was especially tedious.

I know I should probably just ignore it but I couldn't. I fucking hate idiot posts like that. The game has been out for 6 months or so. There is a ton of information about it, including a lot on this very forum. There is a fucking demo. And the question is extremely subjective, as you are not asking about any specific feature but your subjective opinion of another game which may or may not be true.

Fucking cretin.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2012, 01:52:32 AM

I know I should probably just ignore it but I couldn't. I fucking hate idiot posts like that. The game has been out for 6 months or so. There is a ton of information about it, including a lot on this very forum. There is a fucking demo. And the question is extremely subjective, as you are not asking about any specific feature but your subjective opinion of another game which may or may not be true.

Fucking cretin.

I should probably just ignore it as well, but I couldn't.  Have a nice weekend.  Cretin.

Eddie Teach

CountDeMoney

Dude, you asked a simple question about the interface, and he went all scratching-eyes-out-with-car-keys homo on you.  Obviously he needs the weekend away to relax.

Eddie Teach

No complaints here. I was just gonna ignore him, but that was funny as hell.  :cool:

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 07, 2012, 02:14:04 AM
No complaints here. I was just gonna ignore him, but that was funny as hell.  :cool:

Can't.  Function is gone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

You need to marry, you click a button in the ruler portrait. Find the babycannon you want, and voila.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2012, 02:01:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2012, 01:52:32 AM

Fucking cretin.

I should probably just ignore it as well, but I couldn't.  Have a nice weekend.  Cretin.

:ccr:    :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

I'm going to start messing with the old Fallouts.

What type of strategy games do you like?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Drakken

I'm vaguely interested in Scourge of War, maybe it's the early July making me want to play some Gettysburg.

szmik

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2012, 02:01:32 AM

I expect more hurt ego threads when he returns  :x
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.