News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CyberSec concern

Started by CountDeMoney, July 05, 2012, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

OK, for roughly over a week I've noticed that my mouse pointer switches to the hourglass at regular intervals, roughly every 12 seconds, for about 4 to 5 seconds.

So I know she's thinking and processing about something, but I don't know what.   :ph34r:

I've checked the processes, nothing out of the ordinary. Haven't installed anything new, I've ran my virus stuff as well as registry stuff, not seeing anything at all.

Any ideas?  Am I: ALREADY INFECTED LIKE TEH WALKING DEAD?

It's just very disconcerting, that's all.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

You are incredibly bitchy tonight, you know that?

I mean, bitchier than usual.

garbon

I ran out of Midol. *shrugs*
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Well...knock it off.  Watch a movie or something.

DontSayBanana

Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) > Performance tab > Resource Monitor button > CPU tab

You can hit the column heading for average CPU percentage to see what's eating up the processor time.  Alternatively, you can go to the Network tab and expand "TCP connections" to check on the processes that are connecting out.  Of course, that's just for starters, since a rogue program is more likely to use UDP instead of TCP.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Found it.  Printer issue, taken care of and disabled.  Thanks, DSB.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Process Explorer will give you more information about the state of your system and the processes running on it than the default task manager.  That is one of the first things I install after Windows.

CountDeMoney

Thanks for the suggestion; I downloaded it last night and started playing with it.  Nifty interface.

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 14, 2012, 08:13:37 PM
Process Explorer will give you more information about the state of your system and the processes running on it than the default task manager.  That is one of the first things I install after Windows.

Good advice.  :thumbsup:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

If you are worried about the privacy of your cybersex, try using Private Browsing Mode or log into websites via a proxy.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on July 15, 2012, 05:28:32 PM
If you are worried about the privacy of your cybersex, try using Private Browsing Mode

I REGRET NOTHING