News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Borg Queen v. The Battlestar Ending

Started by Faeelin, May 08, 2009, 08:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Faeelin on May 08, 2009, 08:22:24 PM
Which was more of a rape the dog moment?

The ending of Battlestar galactica, or the conversion of the Borg into a feudal monarchy?

Every time I see the Borg now, I can only think of the Borg discussing what's the proper fashion this season.
How does the presence of the Borg Queen turn the Borg into a "feudal monarchy"? Unless you also believe ants and bees are a "feudal monarchy".  :huh:

Josquius

BSG all the way. First Contact was good.
██████
██████
██████

Delirium

They're not talking about First Contact, they're talking about later developments in Voyager.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Razgovory

What was so terrible about the end of BSG.  I only saw first few episodes (and I thought it sucked big time).  It was like Melrose Place vs the Space Robots.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

7 of 9 is the best addition to the star trek universe evar! :w00t: she singlehandedly (in a fashion :perv: ) makes up for all the away team and phaser stun bullshit that threatens to turn every ep into campy suckh.

Neil

Quote from: Delirium on May 09, 2009, 02:09:44 AM
They're not talking about First Contact, they're talking about later developments in Voyager.
I'm talking about First Contact.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Your problem is watching the newer version of old shows.

Stick with TOS and the old Galactica, warts and all.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2009, 08:25:36 AM

And then one will want to scoop one's eyes out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

vinraith

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2009, 08:25:36 AM
Your problem is watching the newer version of old shows.

TNG and TOS are two different beasts, so there's simply no contradiction between the two.

Old BSG and new BSG, as it turns out, are both complete dreck.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 09, 2009, 02:25:48 PM
How did BSG end?
*spoiler*

Most died of horrible diseases after landing on earth, the surviving females were traded to the natives for food, and Hera was gang raped by a pack of semi intelligent non speaking apes, that eventually evolved in to us.

vinraith

dps

Quote from: Delirium on May 09, 2009, 02:09:44 AM

The thread title is "The Borg Queen v. The Battlestar Ending", so the events in First Contact should certainly be part of the discussion.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: dps on May 09, 2009, 06:28:17 PM
The thread title is "The Borg Queen v. The Battlestar Ending", so the events in First Contact should certainly be part of the discussion.

What some of us are trying to point out is that the "queen" in First Contact was somewhat of a misnomer, and should really be disentangled from the shitty "queen" that plagued later seasons of Voyager.
Experience bij!