German court rules religious circumcision on boys an assault

Started by Zanza, June 27, 2012, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Neil on June 27, 2012, 07:34:52 AM
Germany going after the Jews?  I am not surprised.

This will mainly affect German Turks, of which there are 4 million turks in germany, only 110,000  :Joos

there are probably more americans getting circumcized (e.g. hansy) in germany than there are jews.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on June 27, 2012, 07:38:23 AM
Yes but then do not allow them priests feeding them children with ritualistic food and drinks of probalby not monitored origin, traumatize infants by putting water over their heads while a bunch of people stand around etc. etc.

if we go after obsolete barbarism, we ought to do a full job.

ideally, but eating dry tasteless cookies and getting impromptu baths is hardly equal with permanently losing a piece of your body. Even if it's a small piece

Malthus

Heh, the ruling won't affect Jews all that much, because there are few German Jews left alive.

The ruling would apparently not rule out circumcision on non-religious grounds. Guess what? As it turns out, male circumcision has some health benefits. On average, given modern evidence of benefits, it is no longer contra-indicated purely on health grounds - which makes the ruling sort of redundant (except for those with a hard-on to attack religion, or Jews, or Muslims).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on June 27, 2012, 08:17:33 AM
The ruling would apparently not rule out circumcision on non-religious grounds. Guess what? As it turns out, male circumcision has some health benefits. On average, given modern evidence of benefits, it is no longer contra-indicated purely on health grounds - which makes the ruling sort of redundant (except for those with a hard-on to attack religion, or Jews, or Muslims).

Indeed. And on a benefit that Marti should approve of - it means fewer people get infected with HIV.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 08:29:42 AM

Indeed. And on a benefit that Marti should approve of - it means fewer people get infected with HIV.
Why would he approve of that?  Gays love getting HIV.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Heh, the ruling won't affect Jews all that much, because there are few German Jews left alive.

No kidding.  If they didn't get the hint to didi mau most riki tik ages ago, then that's on them.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 27, 2012, 08:31:29 AM

Why would he approve of that?  Gays love getting HIV.

I don't think Marti - the hypochondriac - is a fan of getting HIV.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Meh, there's a ton of pro snakes-in-sweatertards that disagree with that premise.  THERES NOT CLINICAL BENEFIT TO FIREMEN'S HELMETS

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2012, 08:34:18 AM

Meh, there's a ton of pro snakes-in-sweatertards that disagree with that premise.  THERES NOT CLINICAL BENEFIT TO FIREMEN'S HELMETS

Did you just break? :unsure:

Viking

Since "die wende" Jews have been returning to Germany in quite large numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Germany

"some health benefits" - all these "benefits" boil not to not suffering all the various maladies related to the foreskin - mostly infection, inflamation and transmission. Basically if you don't have a foreskin your foreskin cannot get infected. The same applies to hands, legs, penii and noses.

There is no health benefit you can get from circumcision (apart from treatment of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin)) that you cannot also get from keeping it clean and practicing safe sex. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on June 27, 2012, 08:37:30 AM
There is no health benefit you can get from circumcision (apart from treatment of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin)) that you cannot also get from keeping it clean and practicing safe sex. 

Because in general males are very good about keeping clean and practicing safe sex.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 08:35:18 AM
Did you just break? :unsure:

:lol: 

I just seem to remember in previous circumcision bitchthreads the argument that there was no clinical basis in the premise that circumcision prevents STDs, or is in any other way a hygienic improvement.

I don't agree with that premise, I just recall that as one of the arguments.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2012, 08:40:57 AM
:lol: 

I just seem to remember in previous circumcision bitchthreads the argument that there was no clinical basis in the premise that circumcision prevents STDs, or is in any other way a hygienic improvement.

I don't agree with that premise, I just recall that as one of the arguments.

I mean I've learned from this thread that circumcision is just mutilation. :lol:

Iormlund

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 27, 2012, 01:57:39 AM
One could argue that fixing a cleft lip soon after birth is unnecessary as well, and merely conforming to our civilizations narrow concept of beauty and/or normalcy.

I thought it was established that beauty is fairly universal, since beauty indicators (youth, unblemished skin, bilateral symmetry, hip/waist proportions and such) usually imply greater potential for healthier offspring.

Tamas

what's up with garbon and Seedy being so defensive on this?
You know, nails require constant maintenance as well otherwise they get fugly, dirty, and possibly infected. Let's remove them all for health's sake!