German court rules religious circumcision on boys an assault

Started by Zanza, June 27, 2012, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I think only an idiot is incapable of noticing a qualitative difference between a parent educating the child in a certain manner and a parent causing irreversible bodily modification to the child. That's all I have to say about Tamas's posts.

HVC

What marti said... only less mean and with ":P" smilie
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 27, 2012, 02:15:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 27, 2012, 02:08:42 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 27, 2012, 01:57:39 AM
One could argue that fixing a cleft lip soon after birth is unnecessary as well, and merely conforming to our civilizations narrow concept of beauty and/or normalcy.

One could also argue that female genital mutilation is unnecessary as well, and merely conforming to our civilizations narrow concept of beauty and/or normalcy.

Hmm, I will now have to find a bigger strawman to bring to this duel. :hmm:  :P
i demand honourable mention!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Tamas

Religion is the opium of the masses, last king with the entrails of the last priest and all that.

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2012, 02:18:11 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 27, 2012, 02:15:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 27, 2012, 02:08:42 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 27, 2012, 01:57:39 AM
One could argue that fixing a cleft lip soon after birth is unnecessary as well, and merely conforming to our civilizations narrow concept of beauty and/or normalcy.

One could also argue that female genital mutilation is unnecessary as well, and merely conforming to our civilizations narrow concept of beauty and/or normalcy.

Hmm, I will now have to find a bigger strawman to bring to this duel. :hmm:  :P
i demand honourable mention!

You could now take Marti's post, and argue if child body modification is worse than parents raising a child to be a Nazi.  Go big, or go home.  :P

Richard Hakluyt

I'm not at all sure that Marti's criticisms are correct  :hmm:

Why is Pakistan a shithole for example? Is it because of circumcision or a retarded education/indoctrination system?

Ideologue

Oh, hell yeah.  Go Germany.  I guess a broken clock really is right twice a day.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2012, 02:15:17 AM
I think only an idiot is incapable of noticing a qualitative difference between a parent educating the child in a certain manner and a parent causing irreversible bodily modification to the child. That's all I have to say about Tamas's posts.

Just because you enjoy lovingly running your predatory tongue around an unnecessary amount of useless flesh as you jam bulbous and engorged shafts into your filthy cocknibbiling mouth doesn't mean parents don't have an obligation to prevent you from enjoying their kids' knobs later in life.

Gotta find a better argument against circumcision than "I enjoy slathering over dick cheese, it's heady and pungent", pal.

HVC

You put way too much description into that post. Even Grallon would blush :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2012, 07:27:44 AM
You put way too much description into that post. Even Grallon would blush :lol:

Yeah, I suppose I did.  50 Shades of Marty.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Good for them, there is no reason to keep grandfathering barbarism in the name of religion just because a practice has been in place for thousands of mostly fucked up years.  If there was no history of circumcision, and some religious group today decided to start chopping off the foreskins of children as a religious ritual, we would rightly think of them as a bunch of nutty cultists.

Tamas

Yes but then do not allow them priests feeding them children with ritualistic food and drinks of probalby not monitored origin, traumatize infants by putting water over their heads while a bunch of people stand around etc. etc.

if we go after obsolete barbarism, we ought to do a full job.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2012, 02:15:17 AM
If I were facing a choice of being brainwashed for the first 18 years of my life, and having my foreskin chopped off, I'll whip it out faster than Siege after seeing a picture of a pre-teen girl.  That said, there is no reason to dismiss small victories just because big victories are out of reach.