News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Tamas on September 05, 2015, 05:46:10 AM
I am tempted to preorder blood bowl 2 before the multiplayer beta starts next week

AI still has no concept of time.  :(

Too bad because otherwise it looks gorgeous and plays nice.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on September 09, 2015, 09:01:05 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 05, 2015, 05:46:10 AM
I am tempted to preorder blood bowl 2 before the multiplayer beta starts next week

AI still has no concept of time.  :(

Too bad because otherwise it looks gorgeous and plays nice.

Picked this up and joined the Stripdor Ladder League (run by Strippen and Crendor, two streamers/YouTubers I follow). Rolled a dwarf team called Beered Patrol (Fear the Beer!), and went into my first match against some Skaven, trying to get my bearings (been playing some BB1 again recently). In turn two I kill one of his players and he ragequits. If that's the kind of stuff that pisses you off you shouldn't play Blood Bowl. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

:D

To be fair free to join leagues make it a viable min/maxing strategy to just conceded and throw away your newbie team and start over.

Luckily, it seems leagues can require spending of in-game currency to join, putting a limit on this. Such entry fees can be made into a prize pool too, AFAIK

Let me know if you find a good league Syt

Syt

For now I'm just oodling - game release is a bit away, and then the game really starts IMO (and all races available).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

So it seems Konami is indeed dropping out of the console/PC business and will now focus on mobile. And making pachinko machines of their old properties (Silent Hill, Castlevania etc.).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

There goes all hope of a new suikoden.

I was just thinking the other day about the dire state of the industry, particularly in japan. I miss Japanese games. Western games... So many shades of darkness gets old.
It must be very different to be a kid these days. Video games just aren't the big thing they were in my time, in their place is little mobile freemium quasi games :(
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Want colorful? Buy a 3DS and enjoy the colorful Nintendo games.

You can also do it with a WiiU, there is just less games to do it with.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I am thinking of getting a PSP as that seems to be where the most interesting Japanese things have been happening this past decade.

WiiU :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

The WWE2k16 release roster is out. Ca. 120 wrestlers (without DLC), about 50 of which are from the Attitude Area or before (counting variants like two version of Sting or Steve Austin, and some wrestlers who are still active), which isn't too shabby.

Now if they could announce the PC release, at least. <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on September 22, 2015, 04:12:29 PM
The WWE2k16 release roster is out. Ca. 120 wrestlers (without DLC), about 50 of which are from the Attitude Area or before (counting variants like two version of Sting or Steve Austin, and some wrestlers who are still active), which isn't too shabby.

Now if they could announce the PC release, at least. <_<

I would buy a WWE PC game. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

WWE2k15 was released on PC, but I find it mediocre. They revamped the match engine a lot, and sacrificed a lot of the customization that was in 2k14 (where you could create own titles,TV shows and venues, had more controls over entrances, could create female wrestlers ... I had a classic WWF universe going on thanks to lots of downloads and adding original entrance themes.

I also have the PS4 version of 2k15, but its loading times are atrocious, especially in wrestler creation - PC performs much better, but for some reason they locked the parts of it (entrances, some camera angles during the match) to 30FPS while the actual match runs at 60. It's sometimes tricky to play when the camera changes and the game becomes only half as responsive due to framerate drop.

WWE2k16 promises to bring back more customization and more slots for custom content. They're also tweaking the match engine again a bit, to not make reversals unlimited - they're really striving to create a match flow as you would see on TV. I'll definitely follow it and see how it goes.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, BB2 is now live. I played with my dwarf team (Beered Patrol) against Dark Elves and murdered him. Quite literally. He started out with possession but got stuck in my defense. Dwarfs being sturdy and all of them starting with the block ability can be pretty tough to crack. That stall turned into a bloody brawl. After the first half he could only field 5 players (2 knock out, 1 dead, 3 injured - one of the injured was also dead, but got revived by apothecary) vs. my 9. After I beat up his remainders at the start of the 2nd half (and I had ball possession) he conceded the match. I have one dwarf on the disabled list with a smashed hand but no long term damage.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I wanted to train myself in using High Elves. I love my Skaven but I think they kind of stopping me from advancing in tactics past a certain point.

Anyways I have started a solo league against the AI, and have yet to not win in 3 games. It clearly has some pretty good tactical moves and formations stored in its scripts, but it has next to zero strategic forward-thinking. In fact I think it has zero. As such, you need to be both bad and unlucky to really run the risk of losing against it.

Too bad. But considering it doesn't take that much longer to play a human than the AI, I can live with MP