News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

in between the other two games I'm currently playing there's now some Titan Quest too.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

Witcher 3 has no QTE. It's a rhythmic slasher RPG, very close in spirit to the first one with better alchemy and inventory management, and more opaque skill trees. But damn, once you get your shit really upgraded- one shot kills of tough grunts in the final part of act 3 are just phenomenal. The fast attack branch is stupendous.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Brain

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 20, 2015, 01:14:53 PM
in between the other two games I'm currently playing there's now some Titan Quest too.

:wub:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Installed the HD texture mod for Mass Effect. Looks surprisingly good. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on June 10, 2015, 10:56:12 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 07, 2015, 05:07:36 AM
can anyone remember the name of this game...from the makers of Fallout, a zombie survival rpg/strategy. I think it was released not too long ago? Or perhaps its still in beta.

Interplay hasn't really made any games in years.
A lot of the same guys I mean, not same company
██████
██████
██████

Syt

So Arkham Knight on PC seems to be craptastic - locked to 30FPS (though you can change it by editing the ini file), and shitty performance even on high end machines. 70% of 3300+ reviews on Steam are negative.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Well, I'm glad I didn't run out to buy a video card for it then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2015, 12:44:43 PM
So Arkham Knight on PC seems to be craptastic - locked to 30FPS (though you can change it by editing the ini file), and shitty performance even on high end machines. 70% of 3300+ reviews on Steam are negative.

But terrible performance makes it more cinematic Syt!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

You know what else is shitty? If you pre-ordered on Steam you got Harley Quinn as playable character.

nVidia had a promo where if you bought certain graphics cards you would get Arkham Knight for free. Except you wouldn't get the pre-order bonus.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I've never gave to a kickstarter before and it's not like they need my money but i am very tempted by shenmue 3
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Haven't gotten enough forklift driving in your real life?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

WB stops selling the PC version of Arkham Knight: "We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/25/batman-arkham-knight-sale/

Also, a dev post on Steam said that the "recommended specs" for the game were meant to have the same performance as the console version, not for having everything maxed out (which is probably NOT something you want to tell rabid members of the Glorious PC Master Race).
—Stephen Jay Gould