News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

can anyone remember the name of this game...from the makers of Fallout, a zombie survival rpg/strategy. I think it was released not too long ago? Or perhaps its still in beta.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

FunkMonk

I finally made the jump to FM15 and I can't stop playing it  :weep:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Quote from: Habbaku on May 31, 2015, 10:52:14 AM
I've been wasting a good amount of time with this lately:

http://agar.io/

Fun little game.  Too many ganker-tard idiots, but still fun.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Master of Orion nerds may want to check the Internet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on June 07, 2015, 05:07:36 AM
can anyone remember the name of this game...from the makers of Fallout, a zombie survival rpg/strategy. I think it was released not too long ago? Or perhaps its still in beta.

Interplay hasn't really made any games in years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 10, 2015, 08:42:28 AM

Meh - no one involved in the original is involved in making this new sequel.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2015, 11:00:04 AM

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/06/master-of-orion-the-original-4x-sci-fi-masterpiece-is-being-rebooted/
QuoteAs well as enhanced visuals, Wargaming is promising a rebuilt user interface, a new score from the composer of the original game, new voiceover by "well-known actors," and new tutorials. Argentine-based NGD Studios, a relative unknown in the development world, is handling the reboot, along with "key members" of the original development team. NGD Studios' output has included several mobile games, as well as a top-down shooter and MMORPG for Windows.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2015, 11:00:04 AM

Not entirely true, but that isn't really the interesting part anyway.

What I found interesting was that Wargaming bought the IP. They have a proven ability to actually produce games, so this is interesting to me, since I of course loved MOO and MOO 2. At least, it is as interesting as anything possibly can be when the sum total of what is known is almost nothing...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

The main riff of Orion is awesome! :punk:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

This would be a good reason for me to break down and get a home computer for gaming.

FunkMonk

The game will disappoint. There's no way a Master of Orion sequel (or any space 4X, honestly) will ever meet the sort of expectations people have developed since MOO2.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 10, 2015, 05:32:40 PM
The game will disappoint. There's no way a Master of Orion sequel (or any space 4X, honestly) will ever meet the sort of expectations people have developed since MOO2.

Even if they just upgraded the graphics from MOO2 I would be happy.

Tonitrus

It better have the blue-skinned elf babes.  :mad:

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 10, 2015, 05:32:40 PM

On the other hand, it's got to be better than MOO3.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.