News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

It does play more like an interactive movie than a game, but it is still very awesome.

CountDeMoney

It's one of the best video games in recent years.  I think it's the kind of game that can change the paradigm of single player narrative adventures for the near future.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2014, 05:04:05 PM
It's one of the best video games in recent years.  I think it's the kind of game that can change the paradigm of single player narrative adventures for the near future.

Shame it's not out on PC.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Things are tilting back in favor of consoles, Raz.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2014, 06:59:25 PM

I have a hard time believing that.  PCs are so cheap now and can do so much more.  Plus the games are cheaper.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

New COD trailer. Is it me, or is this series becoming more ludicrous/retarded with each iteration?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUysNWHffWg
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on July 31, 2014, 12:56:23 AM
New COD trailer. Is it me, or is this series becoming more ludicrous/retarded with each iteration?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUysNWHffWg

COD knows its audience.  :D

Also, good to see Frank Underwood in a position of power.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2014, 10:01:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2014, 06:59:25 PM

I have a hard time believing that.  PCs are so cheap now and can do so much more.  Plus the games are cheaper.

But people aren't buying them; just a shrinking minority of hardcore gamers (read: Languish).

Everybody else is jumping on the tablet express, and between the new Sexbox and PS4, combined with more innovative, non-insulting games like The Last of Us, consoles are going to take back the driver's seat.

Valmy

If people are not buying them then how are things 'tilting back' to consoles.  Sounds like they never tilted our way anyway.

'shrinking to a minority of hardcore gamers'

So....like all of gaming history.

Anyway I  like paying less for my rig and far less for my games.  The other gamers are suckers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Seedy is partially right. Except no one is buying consoles.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Sony's sales for the first quarter exceeded their expectations for the entire year, before it was even available in their home market. As far as they're concerned, they're being bought.

11B4V

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 31, 2014, 12:27:36 PM
Seedy is partially right. Except no one is buying consoles.

Really?  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2014, 05:04:05 PM

Only reason I havent got it is no Sony.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Elite: Dangerous is looking very, very impressive. :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.