News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2013, 08:55:18 AM
Starbound early access is available on Steam. It's basically Terraria .... IN SPACE! Planets are randomly generated, with randomized flora/fauna. Once you have the material to fuel your ship you can go to other planets. MP/PvP is available. It's 13.99

I've been playing this.  It's a lot of fun, if you enjoyed Terraria you will love this.  It is early access beta so I have noticed some issues and every update means you should basically start a new character but it's been great so far.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Followup to the best RTS ever made now has a teaser trailer.  :)
http://youtu.be/UxlGYVVGu3I

First Wargame: Red Dragon Teaser Trailer Makes Me Randy
The Wargame series has the scale of Supreme Commander, the dynamic campaigns of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, the tactical nous of Eugen's own RUSE, and it seems there's a new entry in the series every year. I'm pretty sure we should all be playing these games.

As the name suggests, Red Dragon is the first Wargame to take the series out of Europe and set it instead in Asia. It's still a Cold War-ish affair, this time set between 1975 and 1991, but with 450 new units including tanks and planes from China and North Korea. Multiplayer returns also, for up to 20 players.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/08/first-wargame-red-dragon-teaser-trailer-makes-me-randy/#more-183323
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Heroes of Stalingrad will be released on the 12th of February.

http://matrixgames.com/products/349/details/Mark.H..Walker%27s.Lock.%27n.Load:.Heroes.of.Stalingrad

If you like boardgames and tactical stuff it is well worth checking out. :)

CountDeMoney

LOLZ, Matrix Games + Mark Walker =  game with demons from another dimension that will need 14 patches in 6 weeks

Ed Anger

I'll stick with the boardgame. Thanks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Well now I want to play Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets.
and the horse you rode in on

Liep

I like the new Assassins Creed, it's Far Cry 3 with clunkier movements but a more awesome setting. Swinging unto a British frigate plunging a swords into peoples faces is hilarious.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Isn't Far Cry 3 in first person?

At any rate, it is fun though I tire of the animations for what you decide to do after capturing a ship....and it is the first in the series where I recall getting notices that I need to do more to level up (in this case the ship) before continuing on with the story.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Yeah, but everything from gathering upgrades through hunting to assassinations (in FC it's called take downs) is exactly the same. And the map is synchronizations vs. unjamming radio towers. I guess game crossover reuse isn't new, but it feels silly when it's so obvious.

And a quick push on 'E' will skip the animations.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Except that at least 2 of those things you are speaking about have been in earlier iterations of the series. I don't remember which iteration the assassinations from above came in but it was before this one and I believe the map synchronizations started in AC2.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Well, I haven't played AC since I was disappointed with the controls in the first iteration, so I don't know who took what from whom. At any rate they did sailing really fucking good here, never mind how it actually is to steer a ship, it feels right.

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 24, 2014, 10:11:27 AM
Well, I haven't played AC since I was disappointed with the controls in the first iteration, so I don't know who took what from whom.

Ah okay, yeah - the series got much better after the first one which was quite painful with its controls. AC2 and Brotherhood were also fun as they took place in Italy.  New stuff in AC4 is the focus on a ship (there was some brief sailing in AC3) and then that hunting/treasure maps. Otherwise, not so dissimilar from the other recent iterations (which I think some reviewers noted as a negative).

Quote from: Liep on January 24, 2014, 10:11:27 AMAt any rate they did sailing really fucking good here, never mind how it actually is to steer a ship, it feels right.

Yes, unlike it many games, very approachable.