News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It's a bit surprising in hindsight how many relatively big names the original 1997 Fallout cast had when getting screen actors to do voice work was still the exception:
- Richard Dean Anderson
- Clancy Brown (who wasn't as prolific a voice actor at the time)
- Keith David
- Ron Pearlman
- David Warner
- CCH Pounder
- Tony Shalhoub
- Brad Garrett (aka Ray's brother on Everybody Loves Raymond)
Plus voice actors like Jeff Bennett (Johnny Bravo), Tress MacNeille (who appeared in 600+ Simpsons episodes), Charlie Adler (who was in tons of cartoons since the 80s), Jim Cummings (who was in loads of Disney cartoons and has been voicing Winnie the Pooh since the 80s), or Tony Jay (another Disney alum, Frollo in Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Sheer Khan in Talespin, among others).

I feel someone on the production team must have been quite well connected. Notably, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II came out in the same year, and despite the brand and having live action cut scenes they worked with fairly unknown folks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

SNES game Actraiser (a mix of city building and 2D platforming) has been remastered for PC.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1393370/Actraiser_Renaissance/

I liked the original, but 29.99?  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Anyone know what this is about? Any game store that makes me have to waste time finding the menu to install something that it otherwise won't operate without seems like a game store I might be able to do without.

QuoteEpic Online Services and Epic Games Launcher 13.0.0 Update
The Epic Games Launcher is now using Epic Online Services natively to keep cross-platform and social features up-to-date for integrated games.

With this change, the Epic Games Launcher will need to install a local Epic Online Services component as a prerequisite. Once you've installed the 13.0.0 launcher update on Windows you will begin to see messaging informing you of the changes and prompting you to complete Epic Online Services installation to receive future launcher updates.

To ensure you are able to continue to use the Epic Games Launcher we recommend getting the Epic Online Services installation completed as soon as possible. This can be done in just a few short steps from the settings menu in the Epic Games Launcher detailed below.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

It's not a game store. It's a social hub & launcher.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Ugh. On the other hand I read the other day that the Epic Games Store will become available as an app in the Microsoft Windows store.  :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2021, 01:47:41 PM
It's a bit surprising in hindsight how many relatively big names the original 1997 Fallout cast had when getting screen actors to do voice work was still the exception:
- Richard Dean Anderson
- Clancy Brown (who wasn't as prolific a voice actor at the time)
- Keith David
- Ron Pearlman
- David Warner
- CCH Pounder
- Tony Shalhoub
- Brad Garrett (aka Ray's brother on Everybody Loves Raymond)
Plus voice actors like Jeff Bennett (Johnny Bravo), Tress MacNeille (who appeared in 600+ Simpsons episodes), Charlie Adler (who was in tons of cartoons since the 80s), Jim Cummings (who was in loads of Disney cartoons and has been voicing Winnie the Pooh since the 80s), or Tony Jay (another Disney alum, Frollo in Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Sheer Khan in Talespin, among others).

I feel someone on the production team must have been quite well connected. Notably, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II came out in the same year, and despite the brand and having live action cut scenes they worked with fairly unknown folks.
Particularly strange as Fallout doesn't really seem as though it was a major big budget game.
Maybe it was and memories after the event are warped.
But it really seems that until Fallout 3 came along it was quite a niche known only by nerds series.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2021, 02:53:54 PM
It's not a game store. It's a social hub & launcher.

Something I definitely don't need.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

SO for some reason Jeff Goldblum has been roped into doing promo for a new Jurassic Park/World/whatever game (he previously showed up at not-E3).

And for some reason he's getting interviewed by Jesse Cox?? :unsure:

Clip from the interview: https://twitter.com/JesseCox/status/1445452588262957060?s=20

And: https://twitter.com/JesseCox/status/1445081588526567425?s=20s
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

He already did VO for the first installment of that game. Heck, a lot of the movie's cast was featured in it.

Syt

Apparently Jesse got to play co-op with Jeff and it will be online... somewhere? Twitch? ... this Friday.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Speaking of, Twitch has a massive data leak. Their entire source code, including in dev projects (like a Steam-like platform) have been release, plus income for top streamers and bunch of other things. Apparently, login data was not part of the drop, but if you have a Twitch account, maybe a good time to switch passwords.

See here: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/massive-twitch-data-breach-sees-hackers-release-source-code-contributor-payouts-and-unannounced-software/
And here: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/security-experts-aghast-at-the-scale-of-twitch-hack-this-is-as-bad-as-it-could-possibly-be/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

DGuller

Has anyone here played GeoGuessr?  I find it strangely addictive, especially without cheating with Google.

Syt

GeoGuessr Is quite fun, but I haven't played in years. There's one with video footage that people filmed walking down streets, but they tend to be a bit easier.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on October 07, 2021, 08:51:19 AM
I think I'll try New World.

It looks like it's heavily focused on crafting, player factions and PvP wars for controlling territories. ... Think I'll pass.
—Stephen Jay Gould