News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I tried steam link for the first time.
Laptop downstairs a metre from the rooter and pc hooked up by cable.
It... Didn't work. There's just enough input lag to make anything with action unplayable and ought else annoying. Sad times.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

I don't mind the body shape of the GoW Thor.

Not sure why he feels the need to armour his shoulders and arms, but not his chest and abdomen. The hammer is better than the Marvel one, but still looks a bit silly to me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on September 12, 2021, 11:47:10 AM

Not sure why he feels the need to armour his shoulders and arms, but not his chest and abdomen. The hammer is better than the Marvel one, but still looks a bit silly to me.
My assumption is he's in a bit of a battle of the bulge and his weight fluctuates - so he needs some breathing room round his belly.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

It's a stupid complaint. Actual strongmen such as in the world's strongest man contest, as opposed to body builders (oh look at my muscles) , do have this build.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on September 12, 2021, 11:47:10 AM

What does a God need with a breastplate?  :P

grumbler

Manuel Noriega was an actual strongman, and he didn't have that shape.   :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 12, 2021, 12:30:48 PM
What does a God need with a breastplate?  :P

I know "it's magic" can be used as an explanation for any game design decision, no matter how daft. It doesn't make the shoulder and arm armour but exposed chest any less silly.

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 12, 2021, 12:13:02 PM
My assumption is he's in a bit of a battle of the bulge and his weight fluctuates - so he needs some breathing room round his belly.

That is probably the most compelling explanation possible given the circumstances :cheers:

PDH

Quote from: Jacob on September 13, 2021, 01:17:00 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 12, 2021, 12:13:02 PM

That is probably the most compelling explanation possible given the circumstances :cheers:

Indeed, you buy whole new fat armor and stuff and you lose a little weight and that doesn't fit so well but the old stuff is still too tight.  Might as well wait until you knock off a few more post-holiday pounds or decide to stick with the chunkiness.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on September 12, 2021, 12:23:13 PM
It's a stupid complaint. Actual strongmen such as in the world's strongest man contest, as opposed to body builders (oh look at my muscles) , do have this build.

An actual Thor looks more like what a one would expect.

https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/boxing-news-hafthor-the-mountain-bjornsson-shows-off-remarkable-77lb-weight-loss-20210510

The Brain

GTA San Andreas was very RPG-y with a gazillion things to do. GTA 4 was slimmed down to more of an action-adventure. Where is GTA 5 on this scale?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 13, 2021, 01:34:27 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 12, 2021, 12:23:13 PM

An actual Thor looks more like what a one would expect.

https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/boxing-news-hafthor-the-mountain-bjornsson-shows-off-remarkable-77lb-weight-loss-20210510
Yeah I had this guy in mind specifically. Quite a difference between his competition look and when he drops the weight
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Also, the Thor of myth is known to be a bit of a glutton. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

And Mimir calls Thor fat in the previous game.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM