News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Slipstreams is crazy addictive.

Don't be fooled it's 100% a puzzle game with sci-fi empire building as a theme and not at all a strategy game. But it is smart and the theme is applied well.  Have spent like 10 hours in 3 days on it trying to become better. The maps are random and after 3 run-throughs you get random elements like different scoring methods (mining focus) or ones that influence the map (more desert planets etc). These you see before starting and can just re-randomise, or turn them off altogether, however. They affect the score you get at the end, as well.

Overall, a really nice game.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

A pity, I quite enjoyed the PS2 originals. Mindless fun ARPGs.

Syt

If you watch the video it's quite broken. Maybe it can be patched, but the release state is pretty bad.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I watched the video, even if they patched the bugs there doesn't seem to be much of a game there? Linearish levels, not much diversity in enemies (at least in the video), 3 abilities per character...

Syt

Maybe of interest to some Languishites, a FREE game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1497110/Melodramatica/

QuoteIn this charming management game, you embody Josephine, a Victorian theatre manager, in her quest to train an eccentric troupe of actors. It's your job to make sure your actors and the stage are ready to put on a perfect show! Train your actors, resolve conflicts, dress up your troupe in costumes, arrange the correct staging and handle everyone's daily tasks! Can you meet the harsh critics' expectations?

QuoteFeature summary
Craft staging and costumes
Manage your limited budget to allow for the best possible show
Assign tasks to your acting troupe
Assign your actors a role to train for
Help solve issues the actors encounter during their busy schedule
Assign your actors the correct costumes for their role
Match the right backdrops to the plays
Discover the personalities and stories of your actors

—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2021, 10:18:13 AM
I've given AC: Origins another shot, and I'm into it now. I made it to Alexandria, and damn, this might be one of the finest in game ciities I've seen. I feel like a tourist with all the pictures I'm taking.

And I love the details - the mathematicians in the library, the theater that has a play about Cleopatra getting Caesar to kick out her brother, etc.
Since I believe that Germans can be trusted unconditionally, I have purchased this in the Steam Summer Sale. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on June 24, 2021, 01:45:17 PM
Maybe of interest to some Languishites, a FREE game:
Do you get to bang anyone?  I like the free games on Steam where you can do that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

I don't think we would want a grown-up Cal.

Tamas

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2021, 04:21:28 AM
Grow up already.

I recently started up Fallout 4 and wanted to try some mods.  Christ, how many nude mods does someone need?  I also founded a mod that changes the "idiot savant" perk to "idiot slut".  What the fuck is wrong people?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2021, 12:51:37 PM
I recently started up Fallout 4 and wanted to try some mods.  Christ, how many nude mods does someone need?

Quite a lot, evidently.

grumbler

I think you only need one body mod for males and one for females.  The ones that randomize bodies using different mods don't appear to work very well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2021, 12:51:37 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2021, 04:21:28 AM
Grow up already.

I recently started up Fallout 4 and wanted to try some mods.  Christ, how many nude mods does someone need?  I also founded a mod that changes the "idiot savant" perk to "idiot slut".  What the fuck is wrong people?
:lol: :lol:
Nude mods are always in the first ones to be released for nearly any game, and quite often the most downloaded mods.  But sure, gamers are mature people :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.