Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2021, 02:55:05 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 19, 2021, 02:06:50 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 18, 2021, 04:30:38 AM
Do you go about a real city striking up conversations with randoms?

Most of what you do in an open world game you wouldn't do in a real city...

Yeah, I used to think that as well.  One day though, a perfect stranger walked up to me and asked if I would go into a warehouse and kill all the rats in exchange for a belt.

I'm surprised someone hasn't yet done that as a piece of performance art. Hang around the city centre with a hat with a big "?" on top and hand out quests to strangers with gold sovereigns and whatnot as the reward :)

Example quest : Go to Westminster and steal Michael Fabricant's wig : 5 sovereigns and a pair of magic mormon underpants as a reward.

mongers

Playing the 'Eye of the Beholder' series.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on March 23, 2021, 10:02:54 AM

The first one has the best ending ever!!11
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2021, 10:05:29 AM

What was it?  I played the Krynn series (Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, etc.) but not this one.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2021, 11:05:40 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2021, 10:05:29 AM

What was it?  I played the Krynn series (Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, etc.) but not this one.

EOTB was a tile based dungeon crawler:

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_one
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I meant, what was the game's ending that Valmy seems to love so much?  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2021, 11:14:47 AM

[spoiler]After this big battle to finally defeat the Beholder, a text box pops up that basically says "you win" and then it drops you to OS. One of the most infamously bad endings ever. Fun game though.[/spoiler]
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

There was this big budget Spanish videogame from the 1990s (Satan) that had a similar ending. After beating it you got a box saying "You defeated Satan, but don't worry he'll be back", and back to the title screen it was. Pissed me off  :lol:

Caliga

Oh you were being sarcastic. :lol:

It also amuses me that you used the spoiler tag here. :D  Like anyone on here is going to go back and play a DOS game from the late 80s. :sleep:

Valmy

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2021, 11:32:08 AM
Well Mongers is  :P
Like anyone on here is going to scroll up and read five posts back. :sleep:

Solmyr

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2021, 11:27:36 AM
Oh you were being sarcastic. :lol:

It also amuses me that you used the spoiler tag here. :D  Like anyone on here is going to go back and play a DOS game from the late 80s. :sleep:

I've actually played the first Ultima in this century.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2021, 11:23:30 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2021, 11:14:47 AM

[spoiler]After this big battle to finally defeat the Beholder, a text box pops up that basically says "you win" and then it drops you to OS. One of the most infamously bad endings ever. Fun game though.[/spoiler]

I like this ending for Ghost Busters

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

WW1 multiplayer shooter Verdun is getting a sequel: Isonzo

https://youtu.be/QDXkVI6w9ec

:ph34r:
—Stephen Jay Gould