News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

EA games joined Gamepass for Console this week.

EA did not release a lot of games this generation. Those release are mostly a bunch of Star Wars FPSes or the usual sports games.

Downloaded Jedi Fallen Order. I don't usually play those games so I have no frame of reference to how good it is. I had to put it on the lowest difficulty because I don't get how the combat timing works. My son is very excited by the game too.

Looking forward to December when the PC version comes out so I can play Titanfall 2.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I'm kinda tempted by the new Xbox Series X once it becomes widely available. The backwards compatibility is tempting to make use of my old 360 games, plus the Microsoft subscription.

I looked at PS5, and the Demon Souls remaster is sold on Amazon for EUR 80, which I understand is the regular price  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

You can get -20% (10 pounds) off the Valhalla game for 100 Ubi points in the Ubisoft store. For some reason I have almost 700 points so there we go.

Grey Fox

Wait for Black Friday.

Target will have it for ~40$ in the US. There's bound to be a sale somewhere for the PC version.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Just checked uPlay - 120 EUR for the ultimate edition  :lmfao:
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Looks like Tim Stone's column on RPS, the Flare Path, got canceled. It's a shame, it highlighted a lot of great strategy games for me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

Yeah, he went quite JK Rowling in a comment section, lamenting the lack of trans-critical voices at RPS and called being trans a life choice. There's currently one or two trans people working for RPS after Sin Vega was let go, I think.

Very disappointing. And I think RPS had little choice there - you don't call out your employer and colleagues in public like that.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

That's the one I have managed to find, was there to more to it, or he got fired for this one?

Syt

I believe it was the entirety of his comments under that article.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/11/06/watch-dogs-legion-is-booting-a-journalist-off-its-fictional-radio/#comments

Starting with:

QuoteTim Stone
07/11/20 8:28AM

@SomersetVae

"there are diverse voices within RPS when it comes to games, genres, preferences etc but I would say (and i'd be prepared to be challenged on this) there is zero diversity in respect of political views and arguable groupthink and alignment particularly around trans issues."

There's at least one regular RPS contributor who'd like to see the site show a little more respect for the gender critical position in the trans rights debate. Me.

I believe arguments like the ones articulated in pieces like these...

link to theguardian.com
link to ginamaya.co.uk

...are perfectly reasonable. I agree with all those arguing for more constructive discussion and less name-calling in this debate.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on November 14, 2020, 11:30:38 AM
I believe it was the entirety of his comments under that article.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/11/06/watch-dogs-legion-is-booting-a-journalist-off-its-fictional-radio/#comments

I went through the comments and everyone by Tim Stone seemed thoughtful and respectful.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.