News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on June 17, 2019, 04:47:40 AM
Testing the xbox Game Pass thing. £1 is not too shabby for checking out games for a monh.

Pro tip if you try it: the client will require the big May Win10 update (1503 IIRC) BUT it will still refuse to download most games after that. That's because the big update doesn't include the .NET update that you'll still need for the client to work properly. So make sure to run Windows Update... after the update.

Tamas thanks for the spotting this and the tech details.

For others the full UK game pass list is here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/collections/pcgaVTaz?rtc=1

Noticed that Imperator Rome is one of them.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

The only game on the list for Austria that I'm interested in and don't have yet is Outer Worlds.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on June 17, 2019, 08:24:12 AM
The only game on the list for Austria that I'm interested in and don't have yet is Outer Worlds.

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Solmyr

Quote from: 11B4V on June 17, 2019, 06:07:18 PM

It's not coming out until next year, though.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on June 18, 2019, 03:51:23 AM

October, mate.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2019, 04:12:51 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 18, 2019, 03:51:23 AM

October, mate.

I mean on an actual platform.

Tamas

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Have both Asassin's Creed Unity and Origins primed for these summer holidays, since it's been long that I played an AC (which I usually enjoy). Which one should I go for? Unity's setting is more interesting to me, but I know that game got awful reviews on release.

Josquius

Surviving Mars.....sucks :(

Its just about manually moving resources about a lot. Sigh
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on June 21, 2019, 10:38:17 AM
Have both Asassin's Creed Unity and Origins primed for these summer holidays, since it's been long that I played an AC (which I usually enjoy). Which one should I go for? Unity's setting is more interesting to me, but I know that game got awful reviews on release.

I've only played a little of Unity (long after the backlash). On the other hand, I finished Origins. I'd say go with Origins.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on June 24, 2019, 09:09:34 PM
Tomorrow The Sinking City arrives.

So, how is Tomorrow The Sinking City?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2019, 11:18:06 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 24, 2019, 09:09:34 PM
Tomorrow The Sinking City arrives.

So, how is Tomorrow The Sinking City?

It arrived but have work and class. Has to wait till friday.

Syt

Summer Games Done Quick runs at the moment on Twitch. It's a charity event that's run twice a year for about a week and features 24/7 speed runs of a variety of games. E.g. two guys sped through the Russian campaign in Red Alert 2. Because they reached a certain incentive goal, the run included all cutscenes without skipping. Tim Curry :wub: Still, they finished in about 90 minutes.

It's interesting to have on in the background, and you'll be treated to some rather random games and challenges. The most interesting feat so far was a speedrunner completing Wii Punch Out in about an hour, beating all opponents in the first round ... while being blindfolded. :ph34r: (he uses audio queues, has learned patterns/timings, etc. - the most problematic thing for him was using the Wii motion controller in menus :lol: )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.