0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2019, 07:10:29 AM
I'll be playing it.

I'll be watching the 1fps slideshow when I try to run it on my PC.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I mean that looks far better than being an actual pilot. They probably don't let you fly low right over the pyramids like that IRL.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 10, 2019, 09:18:25 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 09, 2019, 07:04:16 AM
@Syt

Thanks, that looks interesting

It is an addictive game that helps one fight off jet lag.

Glad you like it. :) I played half an hour in it and made it my second battle in which I was killed by a Libyan Light Infantryman (I killed one, got murdered by another).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Final Fantasy VII remake. The character of Tifa, from the original game:

will look like this in the remake:

Apparently some parts of the internet are complaining because the new version "isn't sexy enough."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

So the FF7 remake is coming out for reals or is it still vaporware?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2019, 08:33:12 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 10, 2019, 09:18:25 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 09, 2019, 07:04:16 AM
@Syt

Thanks, that looks interesting

It is an addictive game that helps one fight off jet lag.

Glad you like it. :) I played half an hour in it and made it my second battle in which I was killed by a Libyan Light Infantryman (I killed one, got murdered by another).

After a few initial failures I made it as far as being promoted to the next rank, through the third battle and then I got too cocky and died raiding a village by taking on the leader who was wearing chainmail.  Oops

celedhring

So, I know there's several gaming platforms out there, and I wondered if there's something we could use among a circle of friends that can't meet to often due to IRL.

We want to play a co-op card-driven game we all own (7th continent). Ideally we're looking for a platform where we could upload the game state, our hands - pictures of our components, essentially - and make it easily accessible for everybody playing. Does that exist?

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on June 12, 2019, 05:47:25 AM
So, I know there's several gaming platforms out there, and I wondered if there's something we could use among a circle of friends that can't meet to often due to IRL.

We want to play a co-op card-driven game we all own (7th continent). Ideally we're looking for a platform where we could upload the game state, our hands - pictures of our components, essentially - and make it easily accessible for everybody playing. Does that exist?

VASSAL would be by far the most obvious, if a module exists. If not, then Tabletop Simulator, but that's fiddly.

celedhring

Yeah, we considered TS but it's a bit too impractical - if pretty. There's no vassal module (just one for a "demo" of the game).

Tamas

Testing the xbox Game Pass thing. £1 is not too shabby for checking out games for a monh.

Pro tip if you try it: the client will require the big May Win10 update (1503 IIRC) BUT it will still refuse to download most games after that. That's because the big update doesn't include the .NET update that you'll still need for the client to work properly. So make sure to run Windows Update... after the update.

Bomber  Crew: hard pass.

Void Bastards: that's actually fun. I probably would have refunded on Steam if I spent 22 pounds on it, but for 1 it's lost of fun. Kind of like an FPS FTL, with a distinct comic-book style.

Football Manager 2019: this was a major mistake.  I can already feel the addiction setting in.

Tamas

It's a sci-fi RPG but RPS is worryingly scant on details of transgender representation :P

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/17/the-outer-worlds-preview/