13 (40.6%)
:rolleyes:
6 (18.8%)
:ultra:
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 26, 2012, 07:51:11 AM
Rush stopped being good since the late 80's.

That implies they were ever good. :x
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on June 26, 2012, 07:53:05 AM

No shit.  Good compared to what? Styx? BTO? Seeping anal wounds?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on June 25, 2012, 11:01:02 AM
In fact Canada's musical exports have been dodgy:

Nickelback/Justin Bieber/Celine Dion.

But you also gave us Crash Test Dummies and Shania.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Only to cloth-eared people yeah.

Their most recent one is one of their best and has had great critical reviews.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on June 26, 2012, 08:35:23 AM

Only to cloth-eared people yeah.

Their most recent one is one of their best and has had great critical reviews.

They're the worst of the white trash redneck rock of the '70s, and are rivaled only by those assfucks Skynard.  Unfortunately, they just haven't had the good sense to collectively overdose or die in a plane crash.

Neil

CdM is one of those guys that loves angry whiteboy music.  If he had been born a generation later, he'd be telling us how Eminem is the greatest recording artist in the history of music.  Or maybe Slipknot.  Or whatever shit Siegebreaker likes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2012, 11:12:08 AM
CdM is one of those guys that loves angry whiteboy music.  If he had been born a generation later, he'd be telling us how Eminem is the greatest recording artist in the history of music.  Or maybe Slipknot.  Or whatever shit Siegebreaker likes.

Slipknot? Really?    :lol:
I haven't listened to angry whiteboy music since Testament opened for Slayer in '90.  And you already know how I feel about wiggers like Eminem.  You must be using the metric system for your attack vectoring, because you're missing the mark.

Now granted, you've been more than your usual douchebaggy self lately because I call you out on your self-loathing foreign ass, but don't be getting all homeland defensive over redneck rock like Rush simply because they're Canuckistanian.

Syt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-oili63QQ
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2012, 07:55:21 AM
Quote from: katmai on June 26, 2012, 07:53:05 AM

No shit.  Good compared to what? Styx? BTO? Seeping anal wounds?
QFT.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2012, 11:23:11 AM

Slipknot? Really?    :lol:
I haven't listened to angry whiteboy music since Testament opened for Slayer in '90.  And you already know how I feel about wiggers like Eminem.  You must be using the metric system for your attack vectoring, because you're missing the mark.

Now granted, you've been more than your usual douchebaggy self lately because I call you out on your self-loathing foreign ass, but don't be getting all homeland defensive over redneck rock like Rush simply because they're Canuckistanian.
I dunno.  The only bands I know for sure that you like are Queensryche and Alice in Chains, and so that puts you into the angry white boy spectrum.  I'm not saying that Slipknot and Eminem are bands you would like, I'm saying that they're the angry white boy music of the generation after ours.

As for Rush, they were a great band that's done a lot of music that I've liked.  I don't really think of them as redneck rock.  They've been a lot of things over the years.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2012, 11:44:01 AM
I dunno.  The only bands I know for sure that you like are Queensryche and Alice in Chains, and so that puts you into the angry white boy spectrum.

:huh:
Fail.  You really are using metric today.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2012, 11:50:04 AM
I dunno.  The only bands I know for sure that you like are Queensryche and Alice in Chains, and so that puts you into the angry white boy spectrum.

Everybody I've known who was a fan of those bands could be considered and angry white boy to one degree or another.  And then there's you.  You're angry, you're white (although Irish is about as white as Russian is) and you're a male.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2012, 12:00:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2012, 11:50:04 AM

Everybody I've known who was a fan of those bands could be considered and angry white boy to one degree or another.  And then there's you.  You're angry, you're white (although Irish is about as white as Russian is) and you're a male.

Neither Prog Rock nor Grunge could ever be mistaken as angry whiteboy Siegy hatemusic.

Katmai, talk to this man.  He's not hearing me.