28 (47.5%)
Younger than 35 - no
24 (40.7%)
Like Jaron, I never rode a bike as a kid
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on June 22, 2012, 08:05:02 PM

The poll isn't what I expected--we are older than I thought, and I figured most young people use helmets.

Oh, I knew a lot of us are over 35, but I also expected that most young people use helmets.

Ed Anger

They are trying to act cool in front of us elders. You know those young people had matching mittens with their crash helmets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 23, 2012, 11:58:36 AM
They are trying to act cool in front of us elders. You know those young people had matching mittens with their crash helmets.

Sewn into their sleeves so they don't get lost.

Admiral Yi

We we were kids we decided to become parachutists. We practiced our skills for a few days by jumping from very low tree limbs with grocery bags held over our heads. No one was injured, so obviously our skills were sound.

We then decided to go to the next level. We made a parachute with a bookbag and a sheet tied inside. The concept was to jump from a tall tree (probably about 25 ft), unzip the bookbag, and then parachute safely to the ground. One of my friends was climbing the tree for the moment of glory, when his idiot father looked out the window and shut it down while freaking out, obviously not appreciating our da vinci like genius and design.

Great story Fredo.  :lol:

Tonitrus

Quote from: mongers on June 23, 2012, 07:31:19 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 22, 2012, 09:18:00 PM
I remember constructing suits of armor from cardboard boxes and duct tape, then beating each other with rolled up newspaper swords.

Enough about your date last week, what did you do as a child.

Some things never get old.  :mad:

Siege

Bicycles are for pussies.
Real kids walk around in combat boots, heavy backpacks, and old oversized camouflage uniforms.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on June 23, 2012, 11:21:35 PM
Real kids walk around in combat boots, heavy backpacks, and old oversized camouflage uniforms.

That's called a skinhead. From my understanding, they dont like  :Joos  ;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Octavian

And then we have another school shooting.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Sheilbh

Under 35 and yes and no.  I didn't when I was just cycling with friends or just in my area.  If I was going on a long cycle into Forestry Commission land or whatever then yeah.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

So real kids take 2-3 times as long to go places?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Voted 35 or younger and no, but should have voted 35 or younger and yes.
^_^ :tinfoil:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

Nah, no helmets for me as a kid! When I grew up we didn't need no steenkin' helmets!! We were tough utes!!   ;)    I don't know if anyone wore helmets back then, except for bike racers probably.

35+ and n helmets.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

I haven't seen My Counsin Vinny in months.  Time to go check TNT or TBS.

Neil

Quote from: dps on June 23, 2012, 11:16:52 AM

The poll isn't what I expected--we are older than I thought, and I figured most young people use helmets.

Oh, I knew a lot of us are over 35, but I also expected that most young people use helmets.
It seems to me that most Languishites would have been driving by the time the helmet craze hit in the 2000s.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.