Yellow Peril 2: Electric Boogaloo. Asian immigrants to U.S. surpass Hispanics

Started by jimmy olsen, June 21, 2012, 01:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

The more immigrants that come to the US from East Asia, the better.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/asian-immigrants-hispanic-us-pew-report-132434717.html
QuoteAsian immigrants to U.S. surpass Hispanics for first time
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – Tue, Jun 19, 2012

Asians have surpassed Hispanics as the largest group of new immigrants to the United States, according to a new study from the Pew Research Center.

The study, called "The Rise of Asian Americans" and released on Tuesday, reveals that Asian-Americans also have the highest income, are the best educated and are the fastest-growing racial group in America.

About 430,000 Asians—or 36 percent of all new immigrants—arrived in the United States in 2010, according to U.S. census data. About 370,000, or 31 percent, were Hispanic.

The wave of incoming Asians pushed the total number of Asian-Americans to a record 18.2 million, or 5.8 percent of the total U.S. population, according to census data. By comparison, non-Hispanic whites (197.5 million) account for 63.3 of the U.S. population, while Hispanics (52 million) and non-Hispanic blacks (38.3 million) account for 16.7 percent and 12.3 percent, respectively.

The influx of Asians reflects "a slowdown in illegal immigration while American employers increase their demand for high-skilled workers," the Associated Press said.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 21, 2012, 01:28:31 AM
Indeed.  I have been told Asian girls like very tall white guys.

Were you told that by an Asian girl?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Why are all immigrants ethnic? Are there no normal people outside the borders?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Monoriu

Are males more inclined to move to another country?

Also, do these statistics cover legal immigrants only?

Zanza

Is Asian everything from Arab to Indian to Chinese to Turkish to Khazak to Siberian Russian?

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Great.  More overpriced inner city convenience stores, dry cleaning with no starch, skimpy carry-out portions, and math.

NO NO REFILL YOU PAY AGAIN NOW

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 07:14:08 AM
Great.  More overpriced inner city convenience stores, dry cleaning with no starch, skimpy carry-out portions, and math.

NO NO REFILL YOU PAY AGAIN NOW

And gunfire when the niglets riot again.

NO OPEN!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

OK, I will admit that was the best part of the riots.  Even if they were defending the right to screw me out of extra starch.

sbr

I don't agree with your under-starching, but I will defend, to the death, your right to do so.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on June 21, 2012, 06:18:19 AM
Is Asian everything from Arab to Indian to Chinese to Turkish to Khazak to Siberian Russian?

I believe so.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.