Greek 'Führer' vows to ‘take back İzmir' after Istanbul

Started by jimmy olsen, June 20, 2012, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Talk about delusional! :lmfao:

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/greek-fuhrer-vows-to-take-back-izmir-after-istanbul.aspx?pageID=238&nID=23248&NewsCatID=351
QuoteThe leader of the Greek extreme right-wing Golden Dawn party, Nikos Mihaloliakos, has promised to "take back İzmir" a week after saying his party wanted "Istanbul back."

Mihaloliakos, nicknamed the "Greek Führer," said they would take back Turkey's Black Sea region as well during a party rally yesterday in the city of Thessaloniki, daily Milliyet reported.

"We will take back Istanbul, İzmir and the Black Sea," Mihaloliakos said during the rally while addressing accusations of racism that have been directed at his party. "Yes, we are nationalists and racists. We are not hiding that."

Mihaloliakos also criticized the mayor of Thessaloniki for wanting to name a street after modern Turkey's founder, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who was born in Thessaloniki in 1881 when the city was still under Ottoman rule.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

That would be awesome.  By 'that', I of course mean the destruction of the Greek state and their re-incorporation into the national state of the Turks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 20, 2012, 08:51:27 PM
That would be awesome.  By 'that', I of course mean the destruction of the Greek state and their re-incorporation into the national state of the Turks.

The Ottoman Empire was not a national state...in fact quite the opposite.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2012, 10:41:08 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 20, 2012, 08:51:27 PM

The Ottoman Empire was not a national state...in fact quite the opposite.
Turkey is, and the 'Greeks' are Turks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

If the Greeks are actually Turks, then who are actually Greeks? :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 20, 2012, 11:24:47 PM
no one. All that survives are Greek speaking Turks.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 20, 2012, 11:24:47 PM

Piso, a Roman

Quotemade a violent speech in which he said that the latter-day Athenians had no right to identify themselves with the great Athenians of the days of Pericles, Demosthenes, Aeschylus, and Plato. The ancient Athenians had been extirpated by repeated wars and massacres and these were mere mongrels, degenerates, and the descendants of slaves. He said that any Roman who flattered them as if they were the legitimate heirs of those ancient heroes was lowering the dignity of the Roman name."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

I first read Aegean sea but the guy still wants Trebizond/Trapezus for the link with the Komnenoi obviously.
Hurriyet being a Turkish tabloid gives it more importance than it should though.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

This may lead to Greek Orthodox Christian suicide bombers. 
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 20, 2012, 11:23:16 PM
Turkey is, and the 'Greeks' are Turks.

What if the Turks are Greeks?  After all the current Turks do not really look like Central Asians :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2012, 08:37:20 PM
Talk about delusional! :lmfao:

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/greek-fuhrer-vows-to-take-back-izmir-after-istanbul.aspx?pageID=238&nID=23248&NewsCatID=351
QuoteThe leader of the Greek extreme right-wing Golden Dawn party, Nikos Mihaloliakos, has promised to "take back İzmir" a week after saying his party wanted "Istanbul back."

Mihaloliakos, nicknamed the "Greek Führer," said they would take back Turkey's Black Sea region as well during a party rally yesterday in the city of Thessaloniki, daily Milliyet reported.

"We will take back Istanbul, İzmir and the Black Sea," Mihaloliakos said during the rally while addressing accusations of racism that have been directed at his party. "Yes, we are nationalists and racists. We are not hiding that."

Mihaloliakos also criticized the mayor of Thessaloniki for wanting to name a street after modern Turkey's founder, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who was born in Thessaloniki in 1881 when the city was still under Ottoman rule.

so, he wants to recreate the Byzantine Empire?  Interesting :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Queequeg

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 21, 2012, 05:26:57 AM
I first read Aegean sea but the guy still wants Trebizond/Trapezus for the link with the Komnenoi obviously.

Pontos had a very large Greek minority until the end of the Ottoman Empire.  There were wide scale massacres, and the remaining population was forced either to emigrate (where they formed a majority of the urban population of Thessaloniki and Athens) or betray the faith of their fathers. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.