Eric Holder contempt vote: House panel moves against attorney general

Started by jimmy olsen, June 20, 2012, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 22, 2012, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2012, 12:47:57 PM
The GOP wants to grandstand all high and mighty on Fast and Furiousgate, they should've found a better bully.

Obama should have found a better Attorney General .

Bar has been set quite low on that in recent years.

All the more reason that we needed someone of higher quality. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

And quite frankly, for somebody that's been indicted for stealing a Maserati, sued for a hit and run, arrested for illegally carrying a handgun, firing an employee while brandishing another handgun in the office, and investigated for arson, Dan Issa is the last person to address issues of integrity.
The GOP wants to grandstand all high and mighty on Fast and Furiousgate, they should've found a better bully.

Yeah, Issa is the problem here, not the insanely stupid gun-walking operation or the AG that stepped on his own crank multiple times lying about it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2012, 12:51:08 PM

Obama should have found a better Attorney General but then coulda would shoulda.

We haven't had a decent AG since Janet Reno's Dance Party.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2012, 01:24:27 PM
We haven't had a decent AG since Janet Reno's Dance Party.

:lol:

"Shut up! Shut up! Do you kids like to dance?  Shut it! Shut it now! Now, let's get one thing straight. You're all my guests here in my home! If I catch any of you forming a mosh pit, I swear to God I'll be laughing my ass off when you kids eat it Reno-style! Now, dance!"

One of the best ever SNL moments was when she actually appeared on the show.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Siege on June 22, 2012, 12:03:15 PM
Issa is a fucking genious.
He waited until the election year to make this flap on Barack Hussein Oblamo's face.

According to Chuck Grassley the investigation started 18 months ago.

Issa may be very compromised, but Grassley has called for cooperation and transparency in both the Rove/DA and F&F investigations.

Siege

The point is, President Oblamo is gonna lose by a landslide.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Jon Stewart was taking shots at executive priviledge tonight.  Not a good sign for Holder.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2012, 12:29:30 PM
So at least three and as many as 20 Dems will vote in favor of contempt.  So it's now: bipartisan!!! :P

When the Hill wants their emails about emails, you gotta give them their emails about emails.   :P
MY GOD ITS WURSE THAN WATERGATE

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2012, 12:34:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2012, 12:29:30 PM
So at least three and as many as 20 Dems will vote in favor of contempt.  So it's now: bipartisan!!! :P

When the Hill wants their emails about emails, you gotta give them their emails about emails.   :P
MY GOD ITS WURSE THAN WATERGATE

Glad to see you finally coming around. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 12:51:47 PM
Glad to see you finally coming around. :hug:

Bah, the GOPtards in Congress hated Holder the moment he was named AG.  Even you know that.  But even a blind squirrel...

Heaven forbid there's a black man running the DOJ in time to swamp the South with Federales to enforce the Voting Rights Act in time for November.  :P

derspiess

That's it-- shift gears & go into a racial tirade when the thought of agreeing with the GOP becomes too painful to bear :lol:

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2012, 01:49:19 PM
That's it-- shift gears & go into a racial tirade when the thought of agreeing with the GOP becomes too painful to bear :lol:

:thumbsup:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2012, 01:49:19 PM

Actually, I have no reason to agree with the GOP, as I think this is all a rather piddling reason for a Contempt of Congress charge;  however, if I were a Democrat on the Committee facing a tight election this fall, I wouldn't want the NRA threatening me like they just did with everyone on the Committee, either.

Hell, I'd sacrifice Holder, too.  Fuck if I want the NRA on my ass in an election year.