For those with central air (we salute you)... What do you set it at?

Started by Capetan Mihali, June 19, 2012, 10:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I turn my AC to the 50s each night.  Oh wait, I just open the window.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

I need to install ducking to have central air :(

This summer I will use a Window AC, I set it to max & let it run. So far it can only get the temp down to 74.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 19, 2012, 10:09:20 PM
I have pretty good guideposts for heating during the winter (66-68 when I'm home, don't turn it down overnight, and 60 when I leave the house).  But I've never lived in a place with central AC before and I feel a little lost with the temps.  :wacko:

I'm keeping it around 78 or 79 when I'm home, and turning it up to 83 or 84 when I leave for the day.  Am I doing it right?  What do the central air experts advise?
21-22 celsius in the office.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Iormlund

I rarely use A/C. When temps outside are unbearable (around 40ºC) I do I set it at 26 or 27 ºC, which is low enough.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Brazen

What is this A/C of which you speak? We're supposed to have it in the office, by my thermometer is reading 27 degrees (80 F) now, and we have fans to move the warm air around.

ulmont

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 19, 2012, 10:09:20 PM
I'm keeping it around 78 or 79 when I'm home, and turning it up to 83 or 84 when I leave for the day.  Am I doing it right?  What do the central air experts advise?

Goddamn, man, you'll melt at that rate.  78 when you leave for the day, 74 when you're home during the evening and weekends, and dropping to 70 overnight so you can sleep.

garbon

When I have central air, 73 at highest.  My window unit has a thermostat function but I've no idea how accurate it is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, I woke up the last two nights as I'd left my fan off and my windows weren't open enough. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

I keep it at a cool 70 and lower it to 68 at night, sometimes it stays at 68 all day long just to keep it cool. If we are not home for a weekend we leave it at @74 to save some but the dogs still have some cool temp to run in to. I just can't imagine a hot and humid Alabama August with no AC.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon