Is Texas dad who killed man to protect his 5-year-old daughter a criminal?

Started by jimmy olsen, June 17, 2012, 04:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 18, 2012, 03:15:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2012, 03:12:43 PM
I'm passing along the relevant information that I have.  If you want to research what the law in Texas is be my guest.

In Texas, "mitigating factors" determine whether he's dragged behind a pick-up or not.

Yea, they're funny like that down there.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2012, 09:25:54 AM
A 23 year old father of a 5 year old....colour me suspicious of his status as an upstanding member of society.

Haha, you are such a fucking liberal.
Brainwashed fom the craddle, aren't you?

Hey, my car burns a lot of fuel, I eat read meat, and I fucking shoot guns for a living!!!!!!11111  hahaha

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Siege on June 19, 2012, 09:06:47 PM
A 23 year old father of a 5 year old....colour me suspicious of his status as an upstanding member of society.

Hey, my car burns a lot of fuel, I eat read meat, and I fucking shoot guns for a living!!!!!!11111  hahaha

Yeah, but you get drunk after one lite beer.

CountDeMoney

Question is moot.  He's not going to face charges.

QuoteSan Antonio--A grand jury has declined to bring charges against a Texas father who said he beat to death a man who was attempting to sexually assault his 5-year-old daughter, officials said on Tuesday.

The father, whose name has not been released because he has not been charged with a crime, told police he heard his daughter's screams and ran to a secluded area where he found her under attack by Jesus Flores, 47, who worked for the family.

The father, 23, admitted to Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon and a Texas Ranger investigating the case that he beat Flores to death to protect his child during the incident earlier this month, authorities said.

The case received national attention and focused interest on exactly how far a person could go to prevent a violent crime from happening to a child.

"The Texas Rangers and the Lavaca County Sheriff completed an extensive investigation into the death of Jesus Flores, and the evidence showed that the use of deadly force was justified," District Attorney Heather McMinn said on Tuesday.

"The five year old had injuries consistent with what her father witnessed."

In the dramatic call to 9-1-1 the father made, he frantically tells the dispatcher, "I need an ambulance! This guy was raping my daughter, and I beat him up, and I don't know what to do!"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Beat Jesus to death, huh?

Insert "Big Lebowski" reference here.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2012, 06:37:05 AM
Question is moot.  He's not going to face charges.

At least the Grand Jury heard the testimony and the facts.  Florida take note.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Siege on June 19, 2012, 09:06:47 PM

:huh:
Its generally the conservatives who take the most issue with teen pregnancies and how they're something special and unique to the modern world and a sign of the degradation of society

And don't conservatives like to claim to be better with money? Yet you boast about driving a crappy car....
You work a crappy job. Whoopee. A lot of left wingers do too.
As to red meat....that I just don't get...left wingers have more problems with their blood pressure and have to adopt special diets?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on June 20, 2012, 08:25:47 AM
As to red meat....that I just don't get...left wingers have more problems with their blood pressure and have to adopt special diets?

Lefties are much more prone to silly things like vegetarianism.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 20, 2012, 08:25:47 AM

:huh:
Its generally the conservatives who take the most issue with teen pregnancies and how they're something special and unique to the modern world and a sign of the degradation of society

They haven't cared about that in the US for like 20 years. You can either fight teen pregnancies or abortion, you can't do both. Since they care more about stopping abortion, teen pregnancies are A-Ok. Just look at Palin's daughter.

EDIT: Also, it seems like this young man owns a ranch, hardly the wastrel Tyr paints him as.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2012, 08:37:20 AM
EDIT: Also, it seems like this young man owns a ranch, hardly the wastrel Tyr paints him as.

Why would you take anything Tyr says seriously?  He suffers from one of the worst cases of over-generalization syndrome I've ever seen.

I'd bet half the people born in history were born to one or both parents aged 18 or below.  One cannot, unless one is a Tyr, generalize from that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 20, 2012, 08:36:15 AM
Lefties are much more prone to silly things like vegetarianism.

But what about Hitler?!!11

Besides Siegey is one to talk he goes vegetarian all the time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on June 20, 2012, 09:00:08 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2012, 08:37:20 AM

Why would you take anything Tyr says seriously?  He suffers from one of the worst cases of over-generalization syndrome I've ever seen.
:lol:
I specifically made a point of saying again and again it was just a generalisation and wasn't always valid.

I'd bet half the people born in history were born to one or both parents aged 18 or below.  One cannot, unless one is a Tyr, generalize from that.
pfff.
██████
██████
██████