News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on September 15, 2012, 08:43:54 AM
Actually, I'm not sure you get Edinburgh after all. Reading the rules, since Scotland's alliance does not change, it does not go through the deactivate/activate process. The event card also doesn't say anything about Edinburgh being transferred, it only places Scottish regulars there. Anyone know for sure?

I do. See FAQ (I think posted on previous page of thread when Szmik asked)

http://www.gmtgames.com/virginqueen/VirginQueenFAQ.pdf

QuoteStep 4(Activate):
If the check was triggered by Scottish Lords Rebel, the procedure is always the same:
1. If result is alliance with England or the Protestant and Mary Queen of Scots is alive in Scotland she becomes
captured in England.
2. All Scottish spaces come under control of the power who wins the diplomacy roll.
3. All units in Scotland not allied with the controlling power are displaced. Units allied to the controlling power
remain in place.
4. Remove all Scottish troops from the map and replace with 2 Scottish regulars in Edinburgh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Corrections: English units go to York, not Berwick, and I only built 1 regular in Augsburg.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

I don't like the FAQ resolution of the matter, regardless of the fact I'm playing English  :mad:

Not that I have better idea.  :hmm:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Solmyr

katmai

Aye, will post tonight as working currently.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: szmik on September 15, 2012, 04:01:11 PM
I don't like the FAQ resolution of the matter, regardless of the fact I'm playing English  :mad:

Not that I have better idea.  :hmm:

Well I think it makes sense that the Scottish Lords rebelling is the one case that changes up the key status. Better than having the key changes with every check (which is what I'd originally thought happened in this game) as that'd make it pretty much worthless to try and keep Scotland.

katmai

I'm at home and of course with third wind storm in Two weeks my Internet is out. Will try to get turn in if internet comes back tonight.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on September 18, 2012, 11:31:52 PM
I'm at home and of course with third wind storm in Two weeks my Internet is out. Will try to get turn in if internet comes back tonight.

Alaska sounds like a lovely place to live...

katmai

These are some freakishly early storms. Normally get them in winter when no foliage on trees.  This last set of storms has been dumping rain causing me to build an ark with all the flooding going on.

Solmyr

So if this is dead, delete the game so it doesn't clog up my ACTS list. And start a new one. :P