And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Drakken on June 24, 2012, 08:35:07 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 22, 2012, 02:01:34 PM
i said i'm up for it if they can stand Drakkenesque noobness.

I haven't been Habbakized for a while, though. Guess I'm getting better at it.  :showoff:
Oh i'm sure i'll be bugging Habbu at beginning of game at least.

Quote from: Habbaku on June 24, 2012, 08:42:44 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 24, 2012, 08:34:10 PM
created
katmai73 for username.

Username isn't what ACTS lets the game-starter use to look up players.  It's either the name you registered under or the e-mail.  I found you, but I doubt I'll be able to do the same with Szmik...
Understood, i registered under katmai73 as well i thought.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Solmyr

I have a question about the only HRE sea captain. He can send an expedition but HRE has no colonies, so is piracy the only purpose of such an expedition? Circumnavigation also does not seem to allow HRE captains.

Delirium

Ah, two birds in one feather! There is a new errata (and new FAQ) that covers your question: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd437e5/880

QuotePage 25, Section 16.6, Circumnavigation:
Change the headings of the third and fourth bullets to "English, French, Holy Roman, Protestant".
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I am perfectly happy with the Ottomans. One of the powers that I have been most curious about, in fact (in both positive and negative ways to be honest).

I can create game files on cyberboard if I get everyone's email address and start the mail list that way.

Should we allow pre-game diplomacy?  :pirate
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

szmik

Quote from: Habbaku on June 24, 2012, 05:27:20 PM
Role assignments based on some rolls I made (with some executive decision to assign myself to Spain and Garbon to anyone but the Protestants) :

Ottomans : Delirium
Spain : Habbaku
England : Szmik
France : Garbon
HRE : Solmyr
Protestants : Katmai

interesting  :)

QuoteFeel free to trade roles if you feel uncomfortable about your particular position.  And for the love of God, read the rules better than Drakken and Tamas.  France and the Protestants should pay special attention to the religious stuff.

I read them 3 times and played 2 solo games to the end last weekend. Pretty scarce diplo while soloing, mostly based on obvious win-win trades, but ppl hardly ever agree on that in real game.   :ph34r:

Anyway there're some interesting flows and VP count is strict, but much depends on lucky dice - patronage, piracy, marriages.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Starting the game on ACTS soon.  Feel free to engage in diplomacy.  I'll send game files later tonight unless Del beats me to it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I have only received a single email address, so I doubt that. Sooo, who here likes Turks?

Habbaku

You can see the e-mails in ACTS.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

:blush:

Even better, ACTS automated announcement email includes all addresses. Files coming up.

katmai

Queens of Languish, ahem only france is a queen!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 25, 2012, 06:26:06 PM
Queens of Languish, ahem only france is a queen!

And he's the belle of the ball! :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Sent a treasure file out.  Please stick to the file naming convention or we're going to experience mass confusion.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Either I'm almost isolated diplomatically or people have not started diplomatizing yet...   :cry: