News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Healthcare Reform Bracketology

Started by merithyn, June 15, 2012, 09:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

As some of you know, I work for a health insurance company. Specifically, I work with the applications by those with pre-existing conditions that are considered "uninsurable". As of right now, the Healthcare Reform Bill provides federal money to our insurance company to help these people get insurance. Without that bill, my company wouldn't be able to afford to cover these people, and they will have little chance of obtaining any kind of medical insurance whatsoever from anyone. Not a political statement, but rather a statement of fact.

Anyway, my team had a meeting today about how we're going to handle the upcoming decision by the Supreme Court. We have to have several different responses ready because, well, we have no idea what the SC is going to do, and anything they do is going to create fall-out for everyone one way or another. In other words, the phones will be ringing and people are going to be scared.

While in the meeting, the director mentioned that she'd gotten a bracketology of the Healthcare Reform Bill and how different decisions and election results could possibly affect people, and I thought I'd share it here to get your brilliant opinions on all of it. http://www.healthreformbracketology.com/

What is the general consensus here on what the USSC will do, what will their justifications be, and how do you think will it impact the American population?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

The Nazi will slap the bitch around and no decision will be made.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

The USSC is nothing more then another tool of the Republican ideology.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2012, 10:00:23 AM
The USSC is nothing more then another tool of the Republican ideology.
Agreed.  Republican politicians will win, I will win $50 from Yi, and Americans will lose (altough half of them will be happy about it).

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on June 15, 2012, 09:50:03 AM
As some of you know, I work for a health insurance company. Specifically, I work with the applications by those with pre-existing conditions that are considered "uninsurable". As of right now, the Healthcare Reform Bill provides federal money to our insurance company to help these people get insurance. Without that bill, my company wouldn't be able to afford to cover these people, and they will have little chance of obtaining any kind of medical insurance whatsoever from anyone. Not a political statement, but rather a statement of fact.

Anyway, my team had a meeting today about how we're going to handle the upcoming decision by the Supreme Court. We have to have several different responses ready because, well, we have no idea what the SC is going to do, and anything they do is going to create fall-out for everyone one way or another. In other words, the phones will be ringing and people are going to be scared.

While in the meeting, the director mentioned that she'd gotten a bracketology of the Healthcare Reform Bill and how different decisions and election results could possibly affect people, and I thought I'd share it here to get your brilliant opinions on all of it. http://www.healthreformbracketology.com/

What is the general consensus here on what the USSC will do, what will their justifications be, and how do you think will it impact the American population?

Many more Americans get fucked over. 

Meri, the only moral thing left for you to do, is to lead a workers uprising and occupy the means of production.  :soviet::
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Quote from: mongers on June 15, 2012, 10:21:58 AM
Quote from: merithyn on June 15, 2012, 09:50:03 AM

Many more Americans get fucked over. 

Meri, the only moral thing left for you to do, is to lead a workers uprising and steal the means of production.  :soviet::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2jnX2y30DE&feature=related

:comrade:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall