‘Obama Boy’: The ‘Obama Girl’ of 2012

Started by garbon, June 14, 2012, 01:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-boy-obama-girl-2012-video-125127954.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn5nEV8q-4U

QuoteRemember Amber Lee Ettinger, aka "Obama Girl," who confessed she had a "crush on Obama" in the smash viral video hit of the 2008 campaign?
Well, get ready for "Obama Boy."

"Hey, Barry, it's me," Justin Brown, aka "Obama Boy," says at the beginning of the new video, released last week. "If you're there, pick up already. I was just watching you on Logo."

The new music video, written and directed by New York-based filmmaker John Duarte, is both a response to "Obama Girl"—which was viewed more than 24 million times on YouTube—and a tribute to the president's historic support of same-sex marriage.

"Way Back in 2008, you just couldn't relate," Brown sings over sultry R&B. "Your evolution. You're my solution. I put down my Prop. 8 sign. Now I'm gonna make you mine. Progressive, caring and kind, cuz I gotta a crush on Obama."

The lyrics to "Obama Boy" include plenty of double entendre ("I can't wait to see you get hard on Romney in debate") and LGBT talking points:

You support me unlike the right.

You're my rainbow colored knight.

Stonewall is going to be crazy tonight.

Ettinger, for her part, recently told the Daily Caller that her crush has faded. "[I'm] not as excited as I was" in 2008 about Obama, Ettinger said, "That's for sure."

The model-actress has since gone back to school full time and is developing a jewelry line. "If I'm not making videos, I'm not sure it's anyone's business who I'm voting for this time around," she said.

So what does Ettinger think of "Obama Boy"?

"I think it's hilarious," she said, according to the "Obama Boy" blog. "I'm flattered too! I've been waiting for someone to do this, and this guy did it."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Obama boy, must be a right wing setup. Too funny.  :D

I saw the Obama girl on TV the other day. She's not so sure who she'll vote for now. But then, she's an actress, was doing a job to be the Obama girl, to do the skit and song. Very effective though! Very cute young lady too!  This Obama boy won't be able to top that!    ;)

garbon

Speaking of Obama, he needs to quit coming to New York. Snarls up car and foot traffic a little too much for my tastes.  Especially when it is for fundraisers hosted by Sarah Jessica Parker and Anna Wintour. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2012, 06:22:27 PM
Speaking of Obama, he needs to quit coming to New York. Snarls up car and foot traffic a little too much for my tastes.  Especially when it is for fundraisers hosted by Sarah Jessica Parker and Anna Wintour. :D
Hey, he's just being like one of the poor and middle class folks!

garbon

News article said he's expected to raise 4.5 mil today. The event at Sarah's home is 40k a person.

KRonn

Yeah, I missed out on Sarah's party. Just couldn't get the 40k.   ;)

Ed Anger

I hope he brought a bag of oats for Sarah Jessica Parker.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on June 14, 2012, 07:58:02 PM
Yeah, I missed out on Sarah's party. Just couldn't get the 40k.   ;)

Did you scrape together the 40k? :P

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/30/obama-coming-to-nyc-for-campaign-event/

QuotePresident Barack Obama will be back in Manhattan Monday for a campaign event.

Sixty people are reportedly paying $40,000 each to dine with the president at the NoMad Hotel in the Flatiron district.

Drivers should expect some delays and road closures while the president is in town. Obama is expected to arrive in New York City around 4 p.m. and leave around 10 p.m.

It hasn't been long since the president's last visit to the Big Apple.

Both he and First Lady Michelle Obama visited the World Trade Center site back in June and met with elected officials, including Mayor Michael Bloomberg, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.