If you were going to be trapped on some made up fantasy world which would it be?

Started by Darth Wagtaros, June 12, 2012, 11:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Iormlund

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 12, 2012, 02:23:18 PM
Enlightened and bland.  What about people like Ide or Timmay who crave excitement, glory, and the Siege Perilous?! They do not belong in Star Trek.

That's right. Their asses belong in the Warhammer 40K universe.  Nasty, brutish and incredibly fucking short.  :lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2012, 02:46:55 PM
Enlightened and bland.  What about people like Ide or Timmay who crave excitement, glory, and the Siege Perilous?! They do not belong in Star Trek.

That's right. Their asses belong in the Warhammer 40K universe.  Nasty, brutish and incredibly fucking short.  :lol:
Timmay might become a Daemon Prince yet.
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2012, 02:04:25 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 12, 2012, 12:45:34 PM
Star Trek, post-DS9 era.  lots of business opportunities outside the Federation.  Replicators, holodecks, etc.  I could get the best of the Federation and the best of the rest of the universe with the money I'd be making.

This. The human federation in Star Trek has probably the most enlightened society of all fantasy worlds and the existence of holodecks makes it possible for you to experience all fantasies with impunity.

I think you've fundamentally misread my character.  I just want to learn things and fuck things, and the holodeck and future wikipedia will provide for the majority of my emotional needs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 12, 2012, 03:00:59 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 12, 2012, 02:36:21 PM
Helliconia.
Sexual perversions among the stars?! Twisted mofo.

Obviously on the planet, al the OP, rather than the degenerate space station. :rolleyes:

:P

I had a chat with Aldiss, a while back and he said it was the work he was most proud of.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Pournelle's Empire of Man, where lefty planetary governments are utter failures and good right wing planetary governments thrive.

Ide gets sent to: Tanith to work in the fields. Tim gets raped by Moties.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

dps

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 12, 2012, 05:37:32 PM
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

You probably won't get to fuck Jessica, though, so you might want to reconsider.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

lustindarkness

Quote from: dps on June 12, 2012, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on June 12, 2012, 05:37:32 PM
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

You probably won't get to fuck Jessica, though, so you might want to reconsider.

That's ok, many other animated female characters. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Science Fiction

This is harder. Maybe Firefly. Will have to think on it.