If you were going to be trapped on some made up fantasy world which would it be?

Started by Darth Wagtaros, June 12, 2012, 11:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

barkdreg

viper37

Star Trek, post-DS9 era.  lots of business opportunities outside the Federation.  Replicators, holodecks, etc.  I could get the best of the Federation and the best of the rest of the universe with the money I'd be making.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on June 12, 2012, 12:45:34 PM
Star Trek, post-DS9 era.  lots of business opportunities outside the Federation.  Replicators, holodecks, etc.  I could get the best of the Federation and the best of the rest of the universe with the money I'd be making.

This. The human federation in Star Trek has probably the most enlightened society of all fantasy worlds and the existence of holodecks makes it possible for you to experience all fantasies with impunity.

Zanza

The Culture seems to be way more advanced and more enlightened than the Star Trek universe. I guess I would opt for it. Then again the more gritty Star Wars universe seems more interesting at times.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2012, 02:04:25 PM

This. The human federation in Star Trek has probably the most enlightened society of all fantasy worlds and the existence of holodecks makes it possible for you to experience all fantasies with impunity.

Star Trek Online is the official follow-up to the post-DS9 era, and it is filled with war.  War with the Klingons, strife with the Romulans, ongoing Borg invasions... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Enlightened and bland.  What about people like Ide or Timmay who crave excitement, glory, and the Siege Perilous?! They do not belong in Star Trek.
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 12, 2012, 02:23:18 PM

Enlightened and bland.  What about people like Ide or Timmay who crave excitement, glory, and the Siege Perilous?! They do not belong in Star Trek.

Nonsense.  They join Star Fleet and seek out new life forms and civilizations, and boldly go where no man has gone before!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.