Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on June 14, 2012, 09:12:03 AM
I have: given my 95 thesis card to Viking

You kind of jumped the gun a bit.  What if you make a deal with England that involves giving England a card draw?

Drakken

So what are the differences, rule wise, between HiS and Virgin Queen?

Solmyr

HIS has more complex religious conversion, less complex New World and diplomacy with minor powers, no marriages and no espionage.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on June 14, 2012, 12:17:04 PM
HIS has more complex religious conversion, less complex New World and diplomacy with minor powers, no marriages and no espionage.

HIS also has no patronage of scientists / artists.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 14, 2012, 08:51:07 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 03:28:25 AM
The Sultan wants France to give him a card and promises to play the special card which the ottomans can play as an event which gives France a whole bunch of mercs in exchange when and where France wants it to be played.

I'll take that.  I can't remember, is that one "any space you control" as response?  If so, hang on for just a second, I know where it should go.

I can either do a card draw next turn, or hang on to Akinji Raiders until you want it played.

It's a card for any space you have units. Can be played just before a battle. So marching Francis with max army to a battle and then, supprise, lots of smelly swiss show up for the battle on your side.

It seems keeping cards in hand is the best option for both of us. I suggest no card exchange.

<keeps eyes on ulmont checking to see if he develops a facial tick on the eve of a battle>
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Sigh, you don't have to give me the card, you just have to tell me what it is...

waiting for the cards from chucky habsburg and pope john medici.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 02:08:45 PM

Sigh, you don't have to give me the card, you just have to tell me what it is...

Actually, that is a pretty typical means of doing the 95 Theses. Each person gives the Otts a card, then the Otts play each of them for Ops when resolving. Gets the card out of the hand in the same step you tell the Otts what you are using.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Chuckles = Tamas. I am Marty Luther. :P Gave you my Worms card now.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 14, 2012, 03:10:50 PM

Chuckles = Tamas. I am Marty Luther. :P Gave you my Worms card now.

Meh All you infidels look alike.

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on June 14, 2012, 09:05:17 AM
Sent out the v2.0 game files. Make sure you use those ones.

Also sent out my initial Protestant moves to everyone. For the new people, here's how to use it:

1.Open your game file.
2.Click "Load recorded move file" (or select from File menu).
3.Select the move file I sent and open it.
4.Click "Accept current move playback" (or select from Playback menu). Do NOT truncate the playback and click OK.
5.Save the game file.

You can also view it move by move by selecting the playback from the Game Project window and pressing F3. Or you can play it move by move directly after step 3 above, if you want to review the moves before saving them.

Subsequent people can use Reply All to the mail I sent to email their moves when needed. Increment the number by 1 each time. You can save your moves by clicking "Send recording to file" after you've done them all. If you want to cancel all your moves and start from the initial state, click "Discard current recording".

Apparently I am doing something wrong here.

I received 3 files in the last 17 hours.

17 hours ago:  HIS-Languish-2012-Papacy.gam
9.5 hours ago:  HIS-Languish-2.0-Papacy.gam
14 minutes later:  HIS-Languish-2.0-001.gmv

I have downloaded and unzipped Cyberboard and registered on ACTS.

Could someone assume I have the mental capabilities of a 10 year old and tell me what I need to do next to play the game?  I can't seem to open any of those files with CB.

Maximus

The first one is the wrong version, ignore it.

The second one is the game file, double-click it and if it asks what program to use, navigate to CBPlay.exe in your cyberboard installation.

The third one is Sol's recorded move file. With the game open in cyberboard go File>Load recorded move file and select it.

You then have the option of stepping through the moves he made, or you can just skip to the end. Either way, accept the moves and save. This will update your game file so when you open it next it will be up to date.

Each time one of us makes a change to cyberboard we send out a recorded move file to keep everyone up to date.

sbr

Quote from: Maximus on June 14, 2012, 06:45:48 PM
The first one is the wrong version, ignore it.

The second one is the game file, double-click it and if it asks what program to use, navigate to CBPlay.exe in your cyberboard installation.

The third one is Sol's recorded move file. With the game open in cyberboard go File>Load recorded move file and select it.

You then have the option of stepping through the moves he made, or you can just skip to the end. Either way, accept the moves and save. This will update your game file so when you open it next it will be up to date.

Each time one of us makes a change to cyberboard we send out a recorded move file to keep everyone up to date.

When I try to open the file with CB.  No matter where the file is, or how I try to open it.

Maximus

oh yes, you also need the gamebox. You can get it at
http://home.comcast.net/~ebeach/HIS2-0Gamebox.zip

At this point you just need the one file your error message mentions. Put it in the same folder as the game file.

sbr

Ok that worked.

Now how about ACTS, how does that work?  I don't see anything other than out game and the game journal. 

Sorry, I assumed these would be a little simpler and easier to figure out.