News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

I called England so unless sbr contests I'd like to switch.

Solmyr

That should be fine, I think. sbr can swap with ulmont if he prefers France to the Pope, or even with me or Tamas.

sbr

:pope: is fine with me.

I will set up acts and pm details when i get home, about 4 hours.

I don't even know turn order, but It will probably be at least 24 hours before I can make a competent turn.

Solmyr

It should be fine - I can make any necessary Papal rolls to oppose my 95 theses, and you should only need to choose a card for the Council of Worms (I suggest the people involved secretly tell the card they want to play to Viking before everyone reveals them). After that there will be a bit of negotiation and the Papal impulse is second to last, so you'll have some time to consider things.

Habbaku

Impulse order is listed in both ACTS and on the diplomacy chart for convenience sake.

Order is :

Ottomans
Habsburgs
England
France
Papacy
Protestants
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

I'll receive the bribes of worms even though the theological strife of infidels troubles the faithful not. Yay, even the hellbound heathens of Europe know an honest broker when they see one in the person of the Calif.

BTW, before any of that we need to draw cards (iirc it is done by editing game turn info) before any wormy bribes can be made to the electors and archbishops. This also needs to be done before I can go and rape and murder Tamas' defenseless ancestors.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Yeah, bar any last-minute faction changes, as soon as sbr sends me his info, I will begin the game in ACTS, send out the CB files to everyone, make the 95 theses rolls, and deal cards.

sbr

Alright I PM'ed my ACTS username (sbr) to Sol and sent him my email address.  Will he need anything else to get us started?

CB and rules downloaded.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 13, 2012, 07:12:39 AM
Tamas, Viking won one of our Languish games as Prots and I've won the last two games I've played with Habs and Berkut, but you should totally be the Haps or Prots.

No power preference here, Sol.

Wasn't that the one I won by getting the league of schmalkalden and it's 12 VP for the protestants at a time when everybody was being paranoid about jaron's habsburgs?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on June 13, 2012, 06:46:25 PM
Wasn't that the one I won by getting the league of schmalkalden and it's 12 VP for the protestants at a time when everybody was being paranoid about jaron's habsburgs?

Yeah, that was the one.  Lessons learned and all that.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 13, 2012, 06:47:08 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 13, 2012, 06:46:25 PM

Yeah, that was the one.  Lessons learned and all that.

With my local group I once won as england when I got the protestants to preach in england rather than france on the grounds that english armies didn't count as catholic for his chances. In this game one really needs to sit down and calculate how each player can reach 25 VP or somebody will do what I did. Once Copernicus and Servetus are in the deck you have to do the math to 22 VP instead.

Solmyr

Sent the initial CB files to everyone. I'll go ahead and make the rolls for 95 theses.

Tamas

Hold on, are the player assignments final? so we can start the game in ACTS and I can, well, chose my 95 Thesis card?

Solmyr

You don't choose a card for 95 theses, you choose one for Diet of Worms. :P

I believe the assignments are final unless ulmont absolutely hates France. It was second on his list though.

Solmyr

Luther nails some papers to a church door. Wittenberg, Brandenburg, Magdeburg, Erfurt, and Lubeck convert, but Leipzig stays loyal to the bloodsuckers of Rome.

Dealing cards now (remember that you also have your home card, ACTS doesn't show it directly). England can begin sekrit talks with France and Habsburgs. Otherwise negotiation is public in the first turn. The Lutherans only want to have peace and love, sing Kumbayah, and smoke pot.

I will send the CB file when I get home from work.