News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Where should I go?

Started by Josquius, June 11, 2012, 07:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where should I go on holiday this summer?

Hong Kong
10 (38.5%)
South Korea
2 (7.7%)
Taiwan
6 (23.1%)
The US/Australia/India/other option I'm not at all considering
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Josquius

I put it to languish since I am currently indecisive.
My main two considerations are Taiwan and South Korea on account of cost, distance and a lack of visa trouble. I'd love to go to China but no way am I spending 100 quid on a visa for a week max.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Dude, there's only one America.

Monoriu

Grey Fox

Where ever has the greatest chance of you getting laid for the least amount of money.

So, Thailand.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2012, 08:03:38 AM
Where ever has the greatest chance of you getting laid for the least amount of money.

So, Thailand.
Its not to be that sort of holiday, alas.

Thailand is high on my list of places to go at some point (well, Cambodia mainly, but gotta see them both) but going in the middle of August...ouch. I hate heat.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2012, 08:15:28 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2012, 08:03:38 AM

So, Thailand.
Its not to be that sort of holiday, alas.

Thailand is high on my list of places to go at some point (well, Cambodia mainly, but gotta see them both) but going in the middle of August...ouch. I hate heat.

All your holidays need to be that sort of holidays.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Aussie land. Find a decent beach and pick up a hottie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Go to Hong Kong and meet up with Monoriu.

NExt time, visit SK and meet up with Jimmy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

You can do both HK and Taiwan quite easily.  It only takes one hour to fly to Taipei from HK.  There are like a dozen flights per day.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: 11B4V on June 11, 2012, 09:40:48 AM
Aussie land. Find a decent beach and pick up a hottie.
Or a box jellyfish sting. Screw that.
PDH!

Sheilbh

Hong Kong.  If possible do Hong Kong-Taiwan.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

South Korea should be worth a visit from what I've heard. Everybody I met in Japan who had also been there loved it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Depends what you're looking for. Here's my take:

S. Korea is probably the closest thing to Japan, except that everyone will be pissed off about any comparisons you make and any attempts to use your Japanese knowledge. They'll have plenty of temples and tourism and so on, if that's your speed.

Hong Kong will have the most accessible English and you can easily do a daytrip to Macau as well (which has some nice colonial architecture in addition to the gambling). It's easy to get around there, it's part of the old colonies, there's the racetrack and you can meet Mono. Not sure about what else you'd do there though, to me Hong Kong is about business not tourism.

I haven't been to Taiwan myself, but I expect it would probably be the most exotic of the available options. They have plenty of nature and so on, in addition to the big cities and a bunch of the Imperial Treasury on display from back then.

So, if you want the most relaxing, easiest vacation I'd say S. Korea, if you want the most "see the world" trip I'd go to Taiwan. Hong Kong is primarily if you want to meet Mono.